Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Slow in NoVa
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've read a good amount of past threads on people removing the stock twins and installing singles. I am now aware at how much of a PITA the EGCV bolts can be (mainly the one) and I should just pull the whole manifold instead and work from there. What I would like to know, are there any other things I should know that will sneak up on me and what parts and tools should I acquire in advance to doing this that I will require. I know the budget kit is a "complete" kit, but will I need any caps or hose, etc...
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
346 Posts
In regards to removing the stock twins......I was not able to remove one of the oil lines/pipes without cutting it. I had to use my reciprocating saw to cut the metal pipe. This oil pipe is in the way of getting to the underside manifold bolts. I think others have been able to remove it without cutting it, but I wasn't able to.
Tony

·
Slow in NoVa
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think I read that on one of your previous threads. Does anyone know if the budget kit includes caps and hoses to cover up any unused lines/nipples

1 - 3 of 3 Posts