Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, been on a bit of a holiday from the forums since ive been moving house. Anyways i really just cbf wading and searching through the forums to the answer to my question... yes i know lazy... but ive been busy moving etc.

Im trying to decide which maft unit i should go for in my next upgrade. The general maft or is it really worth the maftpro. My goals put simply will be to max out my 60-1 ct, so take the max 400rwhp i dont intend to replace it in the future unless it breaks *knock on wood*. Ill be getting 550cc injectors shortly also and i have all other supporting mods but id like to know is it really worth the extra money on the pro unit??? And why? I really just want to run a few more psi (fuel cut) and have it tuned for that level. no wideband plans either thanks.

Appreciate it.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Pro can do boost control and afr tuning... its a value buy, instead of buying a boost controller and a safc of something.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point but the maft unit can do what a basic AFC can do can it not? And im quite happy with my manual boost controller neways. Cheers keep it coming

·
Registered
942 Posts
for 400 whp, stick with the lex 550 combo and a good wideband. I did and I got 422whp, but it all depends on your goals. When you reach 400, you will want more-believe me. If you even have a hint of wanting more power, then I would suggest the MAFT pro, that way you have room to uprgrade in the future.

·
2JZ NA-T MKIII
666 Posts
I run MAF-T on a 400+ HP setup and I love it. Its all i need to tune. I tried the lexus AFM and didnt care for it. My Idle was horrible, I was still hitting fuel cut (of course I wasnt tuned yet). Once you really learn how to use MAF-T, and how it works, it does wonders with tuning. I love running my car in blowthrough mode, I blew a coupler (in half), and was able to drive home with no problems. I just started using the Aux feature for alcohol injection, and I couldnt be happier with it. I can tune my car using only the Base knobs in 30 minutes with a wideband.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
maft pro. I had the first maft and I was not impressed at all. I am now going to run the map-ecu and see how that works out but I am still tossing the idea around of picking up the maft-pro. Tuning is a scary thing (at least for me)

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
with all the cash you'd spend on getting an SAFC ($200-$250) and a LEX AFM ($100-$150) that's a total of AT LEAST $300 right there. plus, your car, like many, might not take to the LEX AFM so kindly. (thankfully, mine did). then you have to dick around with it constantly. for only about $100 more, you can get the maftpro base setup, and already have an SAFC, plus WAY more room to expand. (speed denstiy, boost control, afr tracking, etc...)

hell, i think that the maftpro made the origional maft obsolete! i can't wait to install mine.

-shaeff

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
I am still running the old-skool maft with no probs, ~450rwhp and room for more but i've heard nothing except good things about the pro

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks 4 all the replys so far theyve been very helpfull with my decision making... one thing that is an issue is cash so i dont think i have a good enough reason to go maftpro just because it gives better tuneability(im only going to tune it a couple times after i do an upgrade etc) and unnecessary room for expansion(because i know that the maft provides all the head room ill be needing - im certain on my goals). I mean if i had the extra money id jump all over the pro its a daim great unit but i think it is over the top for my situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts