Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm going to paint my Supra. It is now this color: (not my car)

I would like to go with a little different shade of blue, the original Supra blue is just a little plain IMO. I would like it to have more gloss and sparkle :) I dont want a light blue (electric blue) that screams "look at me", I want it to be a bit subtle but with a nice gloss and everything. It might be even darker than the original blue, but not neccessarily. :)

I will have a G-Racer front, Bomex sides, Racing Hart CR 9x18+10x18 rims and a nice drop, possibly with coilovers.

Thanks for any advices, and pics would be nice :)

Brgds
Krister

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
House of Kolor has some nice blue's I'd check them out

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
how bout we stay true to toyota and just get the Royal sapphire blue from the MKIV's... its one of the sexiest blues ive ever seen... that and World Rally Blue on the Subaru's

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
thats like a saurkraut blue...stinkin bmw's...

plus, it reminds me of all the scented markers; the marker with the Mango scent is that color.

and those freezy pops, "pop Ice" mango flavored popsicles are that color...

RSP blue or no blue ;)

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flubyux2 said:
how bout we stay true to toyota and just get the Royal sapphire blue from the MKIV's... its one of the sexiest blues ive ever seen... that and World Rally Blue on the Subaru's
I think RSP is a bit too "look at me" color, I want something more subtle.

And not feeling the BMW M3 color, its too greenish..

Edit:
Maby something in the area of this color:

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I am not going to paint the engine compartment nor the hatch, so the color cant be much different from the original color.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Krister said:
I think RSP is a bit too "look at me" color, I want something more subtle.

And not feeling the BMW M3 color, its too greenish..

Edit:
Maby something in the area of this color:
that looks liek the color im painting my car :)

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nr000001 said:
I think you ansvered your own question here.
Yup, but I ment that the color must be metallic blue, not blue like the BMW M3 that was posted.

Dumbass :dumbass: ;)

And I'd like to get pics of cars that are that shade of blue to see how the color acts up on sunlight. It's hard to tell just by looking at colors.

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
i think you should paint it the lexus sc400 blue. Since it looks black at night and rsp ish under extreme light, i have it on mine and i love it.

heres an example- not my car tho.

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
I agree on the Laguana Seca Blue from BMW. My buddys mom has a new M3 Convertible in that color and its a nice one! Highly reccommended.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
That BMW color would look retarted on an MK3. not to mention fruity as all hell.

Paint it a dark shade of blue , MK3's Look best in a dark color. Viper GTS blue. Lexus IS blue, Bayside Blue. I painted my T-top supra really dark shade of blue. In the direct light it shined blue with siver peral underneath it But. Without any light its black.

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
Supra Junky 101 said:
That BMW color would look retarted on an MK3. not to mention fruity as all hell.
True words of wisdom. That bmw color would look a little wierd on our cars. However the darker shades of blue does give our cars that sexy style that all the ladies crave.

However, your car looks sexy as hell, I would love to have that color on my car. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
Supra Junky 101 said:

Paint it a dark shade of blue , MK3's Look best in a dark color. Viper GTS blue. Lexus IS blue, Bayside Blue....
IS300 blue would be nice. Personally I love my baltic blue pearl :) theres a guy here in the dfw area that has his car painted midnight blue (hok iirc) that is really hot also...

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,078 Posts
Go find a DuPont Automotive Paint Supplier and look at their new line of paints "Hot Hues", the blues are unbelievable, plus they're base coat/clear coat, so easy to spray.

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
SuprAng said:
i think you should paint it the lexus sc400 blue. Since it looks black at night and rsp ish under extreme light, i have it on mine and i love it.

heres an example- not my car tho.

That's just what I'm looking for "Black at night and blue at daylight" :)

Any more pics of that SC400 blue at bright daylight?

Is this blue on other Lexus models aswell?

Krister

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
This IS blue looks very nice aswell, I dont know if there are different sahde of the IS blue but this one seems to be darker (might because no direct sunlight) and I like it, its very deep and shiny :) Anyone know the colorcode? :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts