Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive got a issue that i need to get sorted out so i can get back on the path of HP

Ive got a 1991 turbo
Rebuilt motor
MHG
ARP BOLTS
boosting around 12psi
t04e .60
full 3 exhaust
Spearco FMIC
K&N
Profec B
255 walbro
waiting on
afpr
and a LEXAFM
and to turbo it up to 16

and im waiting on this decision of what im gunna do next.

ISSUE My turbo has shaft play and i wanna upgrade and i wanna know should i slap a stock CT on there and just send my t04e to be rebuilt or would it be cheaper to just upgrade to something like the boss jr or a sp61gt

either way a CT is gunna go on because i cant have downtime if i need to rebuild the t04e

the thing is im shooting for a good tune of about 400~

what should i do?

BOSS JR?
SP61GT?
or T04e .60 Rebuild?

·
Registered
303 Posts
boss JR and sp61 are perfect for 400 hp zone. But its all preference imo. But i'msure that the boss jr and sp61gt will spool faster due to housing so you will getnice response along with your 400hp goal. Right nowi'm pushing somewhere around that lvl too with a 62-1. But if 400hp is all you lookin for,i'd go with cheapest route since any of those 3 options will get you into the 400 neighborhood.

O yeah, iwent maft pro route instead of lex afm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boss JR and sp61 are perfect for 400 hp zone. But its all preference imo. But i'msure that the boss jr and sp61gt will spool faster due to housing so you will getnice response along with your 400hp goal. Right nowi'm pushing somewhere around that lvl too with a 62-1. But if 400hp is all you lookin for,i'd go with cheapest route since any of those 3 options will get you into the 400 neighborhood.

O yeah, iwent maft pro route instead of lex afm.
I forgot to mension the SAFC NEO

I would be very happy with 400 but i know once i get there ill wanna go past it lol like everyone else but 400 is resnable and close in my eyes i just need a new turbo to get me there

thanks for the help

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've driven my friends 500+whp plenty of times. And i gota say this.... IMO, 400-high 400ishwhp is just right for the street.... it gets real bad around hig400s and 500+whp. Its like, you're always gona be fighting for traction in 1st, 2nd and even 3rd when dropping gears in the right zone. mkiv's can get away with 500-600whp cause they can traction control, via disabling one of their cyclinders, thus causing loss pf power, thus helps hooking up. but us mk3 guys, we dont have that option so we tend to slip out alot.

but yes, when they say that power corrupts, truly it does corrupt. As of right now, my new goal is to go slightly past 500whp (just so i can eat up bone stock c6 z06's and gt-r's on a roll). But then again, i also have a toyota Paseo as mydaily beater.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts