Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have a 7mgte block with a shot rod bearing, possible rod issues, with a brand new head on it (litteraly 0 miles) the turbo and intercooler and all is still good, howeveri ended up getting a new engine with 35k on it to drop intothe supra so now i have this half dead engine, do you guys think i should keep parts of it for future issues, or rebuild or sell it? i was gonna sell it, what would be a reasonable amount to ask for?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
felix44 said:
ok I have a 7mgte block with a shot rod bearing, possible rod issues, with a brand new head on it (litteraly 0 miles) the turbo and intercooler and all is still good, howeveri ended up getting a new engine with 35k on it to drop intothe supra so now i have this half dead engine, do you guys think i should keep parts of it for future issues, or rebuild or sell it? i was gonna sell it, what would be a reasonable amount to ask for?

shit build that fucker up...or give it to me and ill build it for me.

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
Build it for sure, with all the new stuff, you cant go wrong. And if you never get around to it, it would be good to have incase you do need it. Then, if your in a bind or something, you still have it to sell.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I purchased a JDM engine and used it as a core for a performance build, and pulled the old engine out and put it in the basement. There was nothing wrong with it (except high miles), so im gonna rebuild it too and keep it as a spare, just in case. It cant hurt to have a spare rebuild engine lying around :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe i guess that is true, i might send the turbo out for the upgrade this way i wont have any down time, then when it comes back ill switch em and put the stock turbo back on the spare engine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts