Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys.. currently i'm driving a JDM 95 manual supra TT,rebuild TT(strengthen),bpu on apexi neo,boost up to 20 psi and gain 446.3 BHP.. daily driver though..

i'm upgrading my fuel system, but buget is restricted.. i know that my jdm 440cc are high impedance injectors. i wanted to go for a USDM 550cc injectors with a 305l/hr fuel pump.. my question here, what else do i need to change or upgrage in order for me to use the USDM injectors? beside i need to purchase a USDM injector resistor box, i mean is that right? will there be more mods or other USDM parts that i will need? i'm totaly a newbie here.. can i still use the JDM ecu if im using the USDM injectors? any advise from a supra guru guys? thanks....

· Registered
790 Posts
beside i need to purchase a USDM injector resistor box, i mean is that right?
Yes, you will need to fit the resistor box. You may also need some way of trimming your fuelling as the maps in the ECU will be for 440cc injectors. Best way will be to have the fuelling checked after you have fitted the injectors and resistor.

· Registered
324 Posts
hello guys.. currently i'm driving a JDM 95 manual supra TT,rebuild TT(strengthen),bpu on apexi neo,boost up to 20 psi and gain 446.3 BHP.. daily driver though..

i'm upgrading my fuel system, but buget is restricted.. i know that my jdm 440cc are high impedance injectors. i wanted to go for a USDM 550cc injectors with a 305l/hr fuel pump.. my question here, what else do i need to change or upgrage in order for me to use the USDM injectors? beside i need to purchase a USDM injector resistor box, i mean is that right? will there be more mods or other USDM parts that i will need? i'm totaly a newbie here.. can i still use the JDM ecu if im using the USDM injectors? any advise from a supra guru guys? thanks....
Might check out my thread I just started in the technical section for MKIVs. I am doing the same thing but I was told I need to switch to the USDM ECU as well. Check out what I posted and maybe it will be of some use to you.

Jon

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input guys!!! well.. it depends that whether i can get my hands on the 550cc USDM injectors at a good price.. my buget is way out already.. but anyway, jz give me any input that you experience.. glad to be a member of supra forum..

· aKa Blk96SupraTT
5,179 Posts
Might check out my thread I just started in the technical section for MKIVs. I am doing the same thing but I was told I need to switch to the USDM ECU as well. Check out what I posted and maybe it will be of some use to you.

Jon

If you switch over to the USDM ECU what are you gonna do about his lack of MAF? Since JDM motors are running MAP.

But to my understanding USDM 550's plus resister pack and you should be good to go. Ooohh but mentioned above your gonna need a way to control your fuel like with a AFC, VPC/GCC or something.

· Registered
324 Posts
If you switch over to the USDM ECU what are you gonna do about his lack of MAF? Since JDM motors are running MAP.

But to my understanding USDM 550's plus resister pack and you should be good to go. Ooohh but mentioned above your gonna need a way to control your fuel like with a AFC, VPC/GCC or something.
That's why I am installing a VPC and GCC at the same time. On the USDM the VPC takes away the requirement for the MAF and installs it's own MAP.

· A State of Trance
3,941 Posts
You can also buy some resistors from a radio shop and solder them to the injector wires if you dont find a resistor box.
Exactly what we have done, works perfect! You can buy 6 resistors for like $20 instead of the usdm resistorpack that costs $300 or something like that.

· Registered
592 Posts
Exactly what we have done, works perfect! You can buy 6 resistors for like $20 instead of the usdm resistorpack that costs $300 or something like that.

old school trick right there!

what are the ohm difference in the 2? are they 13ohm, and US are like 3 ohm maybe? wanted to know which ones to grab from radio shack as i need to do this too.

also im not sure you can run a VPC on the JDM motor, i thought the VPC was designed for MAF cars?

· Registered
324 Posts

what are the ohm difference in the 2? are they 13ohm, and US are like 3 ohm maybe? wanted to know which ones to grab from radio shack as i need to do this too.

also im not sure you can run a VPC on the JDM motor, i thought the VPC was designed for MAF cars?
It is, that's why I am swapping to the USDM ECU and resistor box with larger injectors.

· A State of Trance
3,941 Posts

Dont exactly, but i measured out 2.4 ohm to the injectors.

· The Slow And The Curious
793 Posts
this is a bit off topic, maybe, but can't you use the resistor box from a MA70 chassis? I figured it'd work and they are pretty easy to come by.
it will be easier to solder in some resistors than to have to wire in a resistor pack into the jdm harness because it is not just going to plug in because there is no plug for it.

· Registered
18 Posts
on the aristo forums they run 550 injectors with a safc, or a neo would be fine. can anyone conform that the 2.4 ohm resistor is what you need from radio shack.

that would suck to over/ under drive a injector on a nice pull.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.