Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
murdering the wallet
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am currently running a 6050 box on my 2jz. It is using wasted spark setup and I want to convert to full sequential lq9 coils. I am assuming that coils 1-3 are currently rising edge since they are "dumb" coils and I need falling edge signal to properly run the lq9 "smart" coils. I noticed that coils 7 and 8 are already falling edge signal.

Will I need to open the box up to make physical changes so coils 1-4 are falling edge signal or is it a software change?

Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You need to wire in the coils to outputs 1,2,3,4,7,8
Coil #5 being #7
Coil #6 being #8
Enable and make sure the firing order sequence is correct.
Coil #1 = 4
Coil #2 = 20
Coil #3 = 12
Coil #4 = 0
Coil #7 = 8
Coil #8 = 16
Forgot one thing. In the wizard pick your coils as the LQ9

That is all for settings in the EMS however you are using a 6050 so one more mod to the box has to be done. Open the Series 2 up(this will void the warranty). Carefully take the boards apart and change the jumper position for JPC 1-4 to the 1/2 position. They are currently in the 2/3 position. Done. You can also send it into AEM to have them do it, but it will cost some money to change it.

·
murdering the wallet
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You!

Would the firing sequence still be the same if I'm using a 7m cps that has 24 teeth?

Why did aem not incorporate 5 and 6 into the board? Is it used for other functions?

·
Registered
232 Posts
You can use the same phasing as your injectors. So whatever they are use them for the coils as well.

Where coil 5 & 6 would be they are used for a different thing on a 6050

·
murdering the wallet
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any tips on how to separate the two boards? the long row makes it impossible to remove.

by the way the picture shown is not mine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Remove the four plastic standoffs. gently pry the two boards apart. Make sure not to bend any of the pins on the long connector or can be a pain to get it back together.

You can grab the two ends of the board on the top and bottom of the row. Gently work back and forth to get it to start to come up. You can also gently try to pull the board up away from the other and rock it back and forth. Cant really describe it very well without a video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts