Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed my afr aem gauge goes to 10.0 while idling, then when i accelerate numbers go up and down or simply higher, i dont know much about this but shouldnt it be the opposite? , the pump sounds louder than normal on idling, could it be the sensor? I have been running fine for a long time before this. I would like to know before i start buying stuff, the car is driveable right now, it has not done anything out of the ordinary except those numbers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
One or two things could be happening:

1. Your O2 for the AEM might have gone bad.
2. You might have a tuning issue or just like you said an issue with your Fuel pump.

At idle the the A/F should be higher, in the 14-15 area.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One or two things could be happening:

1. Your O2 for the AEM might have gone bad.
2. You might have a tuning issue or just like you said an issue with your Fuel pump.

At idle the the A/F should be higher, in the 14-15 area.
The car was tuned more than a year ago and has been ok all this time, this just happened today, so i guess it might be the o2.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Keep in mind that just because your gauge is showing 10.0 doesn't mean it is 10. It could be lower than 10 but the gauge cannot show it on the display.

What kind of engine management are you using? It almost sounds like your ECU is fighting with you. Be sure to check if your O2 sensors are plugged in and working.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AEMems it has been ok for years, i dont abuse the car at all, never seen race gas, the o2 sensor is pluged in , i have the aem eugo wideband, don't know how to check it unless i put a new one right?

·
Registered
231 Posts
What exactly did you test and what was wrong with it?

LOL I remember seeing the video with PRE Racing knocking on the AEM, was kinda funny.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
if ur afrs are 10.0 there prob just fine and ur sensor is bad

·
Speed limits = Guidelines
1,964 Posts
when i had my aem tuned... the tuner ran into some problems and wound up pulling out the box... opened it to find some sort of chip moving around( just gravity holding it in)....stuck a piece of foam in there to hold it in place

sad we run into these problems with such an expensive unit

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
when i had my aem tuned... the tuner ran into some problems and wound up pulling out the box... opened it to find some sort of chip moving around( just gravity holding it in)....stuck a piece of foam in there to hold it in place

sad we run into these problems with such an expensive unit
:lol: and this is why I won't even bother getting the V2.

Haltech and Motec FTW!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts