Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
How do I do this?

Have the output of the AEM trigger a relay that will power the LED or wire the LED power to the AEM and ground the other end of the LED?
James,

There was a thread back some time ago on the AEM forums, i'll see if I can find it..

- Vic

·
Registered
713 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
How do I do this?

Have the output of the AEM trigger a relay that will power the LED or wire the LED power to the AEM and ground the other end of the LED?
Just use the shift light gear table and select the LS output you want to use and select the rpm in each gear you want the light to be triggered at. For example, My redline is at 8500 and I set the shift light to come on and trigger LS1 at 8200 so I have a little bit of time to see the light and respond before I hit the rev limiter. The shift light gear table is under setup, then advanced setup... I don't think you'll even need a relay as it's low voltage and low amperage. Be sure when you get the LED you see how much voltage and amperage it calls for and calculate the amount of resitance you need so that it doesn't draw too much current.. You'll also need a diode.. All can be found at radio shack pretty cheap.. Go to the link below to determine everything you'll need when you select the LED you want..

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

-Chad

·
The Hustler
1,290 Posts
cpdaddy35 said:
Just use the shift light gear table and select the LS output you want to use and select the rpm in each gear you want the light to be triggered at. For example, My redline is at 8500 and I set the shift light to come on and trigger LS1 at 8200 so I have a little bit of time to see the light and respond before I hit the rev limiter. The shift light gear table is under setup, then advanced setup... I don't think you'll even need a relay as it's low voltage and low amperage. Be sure when you get the LED you see how much voltage and amperage it calls for and calculate the amount of resitance you need so that it doesn't draw too much current.. You'll also need a diode.. All can be found at radio shack pretty cheap.. Go to the link below to determine everything you'll need when you select the LED you want..

-Chad
Chad's a PRO. He did mine and his. HA :)

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cpdaddy35 said:

-Chad

Thanks! I was reading in the aem manual and it said the aem will out put upto 1.5 amps to power a led or whatever. I still need a diode?

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
You dont need a relay or diode. Just hook up the positive side of the light to 12v ign, and the neg to a LS output. You can just use an LS output that used to run the VSV valves for the stock twins. Then go to the config outputs and set it to whatever RPM you want it to turn on at. That is easier than using the shift table IMHO.

If you use an LED dont forget you will need a resistor to drop down the voltage!!

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sound Performance said:
You dont need a relay or diode. Just hook up the positive side of the light to 12v ign, and the neg to a LS output. You can just use an LS output that used to run the VSV valves for the stock twins. Then go to the config outputs and set it to whatever RPM you want it to turn on at. That is easier than using the shift table IMHO.

If you use an LED dont forget you will need a resistor to drop down the voltage!!

So the AEM will be the ground. For the resister, put it between the 12v source and the LED and have it reduce the volts down to what's required for the LED?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts