Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok fellas, just a little need to know info im looking for here. for anyone who isnt aware of my situation, i have a blown up 96 tt with AEM computer. im swaping in a JDM motor and going back to factory stock everything and starting from scratch with the car.

i have the the JDM harness and ECM so no pin outs needed as far as i know. but what else am i going to need? the mass airflow meter is gone on my car, but im pretty sure i read something a while back about the JDM motors metering air via a different setup? what do i need here?

also i need to throw factory o2's back in the car, but there is no cat. do supras throw a code when you 86 the cat? :barf:

thanks in advance

· A State of Trance
3,941 Posts
JDM 2JZ has MAP sensor and a temp sensor in the intake manifold, there should be a vacum hose to the map sensor from the manifold aswell. The map sensor should follow with the JDM engine.

· Not so boring anymore
7,936 Posts
What fuel injectors will you be using? The stock JDM ones are 440 High impedance injectors and do not need the resistor pack (will have to remove it from the stock wiring harness). If you put the USDM 550s in you'll need a SAFC or something to pull some fuel out.

For the IAT, look up what people do for the MAP ECU installs and use that resistor on the IAT wiring and plug the ecu in and go (with the stock o2 sensors).

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why don't you leave the AEM in there? It will work well with the stock twins and there will be no need for O2 sensors or a CAT.

just trying to eliminate one of the possible problems from the car until its running and driving properly, its easier to make sure everything else is working correctly when i dont have to worry about the aem not being tuned right.

Tis,
will be using the stock jdm injectors for now. IAT shouldnt be a problem, as i understand from others help the jdm unit is in the intake mani, havnt got a chance to take a look yet but im sure its there

also one new problem, i didnt notice before because of the long periods of time between each day i work on the vehicle, but the JDM harness is 20 inches shorter than the USDM harness. what have other people with JDM swaps done to solve this issue? i tried a search but the terms im searching for seam to be way too popular, i keep getting a bunch of useless results (useless for my situation that is)

thanks again guys :bigthumb:

· Not so boring anymore
7,936 Posts
Use the USDM Harness.

If you use the USDM harnesses there wont be the clip for the JDM IAT in the manifold, why I suggested using the Resistor trick.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my USDM harness has been hacked up and modified a million times by the previous owner(s), id rather just extend the wires if thats all it takes, which judging by several hours of searching and reading now, that is all it will take. at least then i will know whats what in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.