Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'd be interested in getting some feedbacks from some of the AEM supra owners about boost control.

what is everyone using and what works the best with the AEM? my personal choice would be to get a GM or apex boost solenoid or the hallman manual boost controller.
i'm sure the electronic boost controllers hold and do the job just as well but at a more costly price.
only down side to the hallman is that you don't really know how much boost you're getting with the amount of turns.. but i'm sure you can play with it and get it down.

between these controllers, which one would you guys recommend and why?

thanks!

J

·
0 Posts
gm boost control solenoid, and your done. You will not get any where near as flat of a boost curve with a manual controller.

Jason.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jason s. (hey that's my intials too!), any quality or safety differences between the GM and APEX, enough to spend the extra money on the apex or not really?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Have read elsewhere that the only tradeoff (besides the cost difference) is the GM solenoid fails to max boost whereas the Apex fails to min boost.

-Mike

J

·
0 Posts
I have never seen a GM one fail. I use them on all the cars I setup.

Jason.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i also heard even though the GM's MAY fail and over boost... there is a way you can dump more fuel or something so when and if it does fail, you'll hit similar to a boost cut...

?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts