Supra Forums banner

AEM Boost Controller Settings

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Stu Hagen 
#1 ·
Hey so I have a 97' TT 6spd and I am just about to install the AEM Tru boost controller. Im upgrading to a single turbo in the future but for now im running the twins. I was wondering whats a safe boost level to run at with the controller and what a safe scramble boost level is. I know the stock boost is 11.5psi I planned to run.

#9 ·
You will need a boost cut controller otherwise the stock ECU will pull fuel above 14psi. I've got one if you're interested.

#10 ·
You will need a boost cut controller; otherwise the stock ECU will pull fuel above 14psi. I've got one if you're interested.
I didn't want to have to get one of those because at that point, id swap out the ECU when I get my single. Do you know what a safe psi of boost to run for scramble before boost/fuel cut? I was going to run 11.5 Boost constantly them set my scramble to 15 for a little extra kick. Is this achievable?

#16 ·
FYI here's the BCC I have: Speed For Sale BCC ... If you want to save some $, I'll sell you mine for half of what they are asking, or if you just feel funny buying used parts off of the internet from strangers I definitely empathize, no hard feelings.

Or you can just run ~stock-ish boost, in which case you can save money on the BCC and the EBC too for that matter.

#18 ·
It all makes no sense from where you are at and where you are going. If I am correct, stock boost is capable of maybe 15psi before the ECU cuts the boost.This means NO need to spend funds on a EBC. Just enjoy the car the way it is designed. Wait for your upgrades then you have all the other options available.

If you are dead set on the extra safe 2psi (to 17psi) then you probably will need the EBC AND the boost cut controller. So I guess this whole scenario is all about that extra 2psi!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.