Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the track and was having some trouble with the boost solenoid. All the fittings and everything is still connected but boost has been rock solid at 33 lbs for the last two weeks and numerous and I mean numerous highway runs. As we all know something always messes up at the track and the car was hitting my boost cut of 38 lbs in 3rd and 4th ( My fuel cut is set at 38lbs). The weather should not be a factor considering my car was tuned when its 40 degrees and it was 75 degrees out today. Any Help I'm lost and just need some advice on where to look???? Boost on the AEM is still set at 32.78 all the way acrose the board.

Staats

·
Vendor
606 Posts
You should look at the gate and the line going to the bottom/side of the gate. Make sure the line to the bottom/side is connected to a good pressure source. A quick test would be to pull the line off the top of the gate and that will return you back to you base setting(wastegate spring) If the boost contol worked before it's not the cal... How much boost error is in your cal? Did you log duty cycle on the solenoid?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I just took the car out on wastegate and its at its usual 24-25 lbs. So I know its a AEM solenoid problem. I am not an AEM expert so I will have to give the guy a call that tuned it unless its something simple I can check and change. I will look at the manual when I get home. I also need to pull the line going from the solenoid to the top of the wastegate to make sure its not bleeding off or cut. If not its back to the good old Manual Boost controller.

Staats

·
Vendor
606 Posts
Send me your cal or take it back to the tuner you used. You can fix it if you take the time. It's not that hard to figure out. If the line to the top of the gate is damaged or leaking it will make lower PSI not higher.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jay,

Thats what I figured if the line was damaged it would read less. I will send you the file but I don't understand how it works for 2 weeks flawless until you get until the track? It never hit boost cut on the street and even on the way home back with my 275/40/17's it still made 38 psi. ( i was thinking a different load with the 28 inch slicks).

Thanks for the help.

Staats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts