Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the weather has gotten warmer, cold starting the car isn't going as well as it used to. Usually it will die a couple times before it searches for an idle. Here is a log of the cold start from the Adv Start menu.

What do you think?
What can I change to help it?

Warm start is mostly fine.

RENAME FROM .ZIP to .STF

·
Registered
174 Posts
How long does it take to start the car?

With my car (using AEM EMS in a different car) in the summer months I knock down the amount fuel being used in the crank table with which helps a lot.

Once the car starts though the RPM cutout in the start options should kick it over to the idle table. Make sure your idle tables aren't dumping too much fuel as well.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
URNDWAY said:
How long does it take to start the car?

With my car (using AEM EMS in a different car) in the summer months I knock down the amount fuel being used in the crank table with which helps a lot.

Once the car starts though the RPM cutout in the start options should kick it over to the idle table. Make sure your idle tables aren't dumping too much fuel as well.

I'll try that. It has been cranking about 8-10 times, starts, maybe backfires in the intake a couple times, then either dies, or searches for an idle. If die, try again and it will usually idle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Oh, and how much crank timing as well?

It sounds like you are getting too much fuel and possibly too much timing as well. Start knocking down the fuel start first, then chase the timing.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hau said:
What size injectors do you have?
How did it cold start in colder weather?

RC 75lb

About the same, but I did have to add a bunch of fuel.

I'll start by removing fuel.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
URNDWAY said:
Oh, and how much crank timing as well?

It sounds like you are getting too much fuel and possibly too much timing as well. Start knocking down the fuel start first, then chase the timing.

where is start up timing located at? Is that the decay timing where Ing vs Start Time?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Pull a little fuel out of the initial crank pulse table. I did mine yesterday - it's butter now. :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
I modified some of your start fuel tables. I can't figure how to rename the extension, so what's your email to send it to?

EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out.
Just rename the extension to .cal

·
Registered
174 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
where is start up timing located at? Is that the decay timing where Ing vs Start Time?
Click on engine start at the top between ignition and idle, then click on engine start in the pull down menu (first one with the "T" next to it). There you will see crank injector time table. Decrease the first two values by -5 and then try it out to see if it starts better, which it should, if it doesn't keep decreasing the values. Make your last three values of this table "0" always. The reason for doing this is that you can fully depress the throttle, crank the engine over a few times, and remove any excess gas if you happen to flood the engine while trying to start it.

In the same pull down under engine start you should see "O Options-Engine Start" click on this and the start timing option should appear. IF pulling fuel out by itself doesn't help your start up try adjusting the start timing to somewhere around 8 degrees.

Before doing any of these things make sure you have not fouled the plugs with too much gas. If you have the car will be very difficult starting even with the correct settings.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Doesn't the AEM have a temprature based enrichment table? It should and if it does that where you need to take away some fuel.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hau said:
I modified some of your start fuel tables. I can't figure how to rename the extension, so what's your email to send it to?

EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out.
Just rename the extension to .cal

That tune fixed EVERYTHING! Thankyou! I'll have to take a closer look to see what you changed. 2 to 3 cranks and it's on and purring.

:bowdown:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I cant rename the extension for some reason ?? anychance of uploading it again please in a "zipped " format ?

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
michel lane said:
I cant rename the extension for some reason ?? anychance of uploading it again please in a "zipped " format ?

In windows goto Tools \ Folder Options \ View Tab
Uncheck "Hide Extensions for known file types"

Try again :sadance:

·
Registered
122 Posts
thanks , i can read it know , whats your setup on this map ??, it looks very much like mine... strange .. you know anyone in the uk?

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
michel lane said:
thanks , i can read it know , whats your setup on this map ??, it looks very much like mine... strange .. you know anyone in the uk?

sure don't.

75lb RC injectors
GT42-70 turbo
Stock long block

Pretty standard stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts