Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the next project I have on the table is finally putting a small shot on the car and letting the AEM control it. I have a diagram saved on my web site of hooking nitrous up to the AEM but I would like to get some verification if this info is correct. The last time I used a diagram from the AEM forums it was incorrect. I also read some time ago about something about the AEM cycling and filling the intake with the nitrous when the key is cycled.

As always any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
Damn, AEM always makes their freekin diagrams seem so complex.

All you need is to use LS8, 9, or 11 as a "Window Switch" of sorts. Have the lowside output be the ground for a relay trigger that turns on and off the N2O solenoid. The Switched inputs would be used if you want your purge and shot switches to trigger other functions. You can also use a HS output if you want the AEM to provide the 12v for the trigger side of the relay, but it is not required. I have seen some people use a fuel pressure switch with the AEM, along with an Alt input so if fuel pressure drops, the AEM turns off the N2O or richens the fuel, or retards timing, or whatever. I just use a fuel pressure switch inline on the ground side of the relay trigger. The AEM only functions as a Window Switch basically. I am using LS9 and HS2 for the trigger side of my N2O relay. The outputs that trigger when the key is cycled are LS1-5 I believe. It would be easy to check using the Parameters list. Watch the status of all of them and turn your key on and off.

The thing I like about using the AEM as the Window is you get some great control of the N2O system if you want to use it for launching. So, a window RPM jusy above stall speed, at 95% or more throttle, shutting off at a certain vehicle speed or RPM. Works slick! :)

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I want the AEM to do is act as my window switch. I understand I can wire a switch to pull to ground that will allow the AEM to turn the nitrous on. I will use a l/s output of the AEM to pull ground on a relay to activate the nitrous soleniods.

I am just unsure of what pins I should be useing to do this, I will also make sure I test everything to make sure its all working properly before I fill the bottle.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts