Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using an AEM V1.11. I have several questions concerning the the operation of the stock sequential operation.

First I am only seeing about 10.7psi pretransition. The transition causes about a 4psi drop. If I remember correctly normal operation is 11.7 psi, with a 2psi drop.

Where in the AEM is this controlled? Is it possible to control pretranistion boost with the stock VSV and the AEM? If so how.

TIA,

Howard

·
Banned
752 Posts
Hi Howard,
If you are seeing 10.7PSI, pre-transition, I'm guessing you have an automatic, as it's normally not that high. My car is a 6 speed, so normal boost on the first turbo was 7-8PSI, then ramping up to peak boost, when the second turbo comes on.

You can perform Stu's MBC modification to the EBV actuator, and get up to 14PSI on the first turbo.

From what I've seen, the AEM doesn't do as good a job of managing the auto as the stock ECU.

In the AEM software, you can go into boost control, and then select "table", and directly input a duty cycle, by TPS and RPM. I put 99% in from about 2700 to 4000RPM, then whatever duty cycle yields my desired peak boost (60% yields 18PSI on my setup, with a helper spring on the wastegate).

Hope that helps,

Ken

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken,

I appriciate your response. My car is actually a 6spd, and I am also running the helper spring.

Just to clarify though, are you using the AEM to control boost, or are you able to manipulate the stock VSVs with the boost settings in the AEM?

I have also performed Stu's mod, but I have the MBC running 100% open until I figure out why my transition is so crappy. (This problem was preexisting before performing Stu's mod)

Again thanks for the response.

Howard

·
Banned
752 Posts
Hi Howard,
The AEM uses the stock VSV to control boost. My prior owner had not capped the hose barbs on the VSV when he installed his EBC, so mine was bad. I wired in a GM boost control solenoid to replace it. The solenoid gets connected to the two wires that control the stock VSV.

Ken

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ken,

Thanks a lot. You've pointed me in the right direction I think. I will do some testing and post up my results.

Howard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts