Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone can please let me know what output to use for the signal....and what pin it is....

Also what temp do you set the "on" and "off" (I have a TRD thermostat)...

And...what should I set the other datas to? Or is the "basic activation" set to "not active"?

Thanks!

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
You can use any spare low side driver to control a fan relay. Look for the pinouts in the 1100 instruction sheet (included with your AEM software). See where your thermostat opens while watching the coolant temp on the laptop and set the fan to come on ~20F hotter than that and shut off just before the thermostat closes.

The basic activation always needs to be on and the basic parameters met for an output to work. You also want to select function and rad fan from the function list. Set the on and off temp in the function menu.

If your cooling fans draw less than 30 amps, you can even use the stock auxiliary fan relay, fuse and wiring. Just tap the LS output into the control side of the relay and it will still come on with the A/C pressure just like the stock ones do.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Does anyone know the pinout # for the stock auxiliary fan? Or is it just controlled by the A/C pressure on a 6spd car. I looked at the AEM instruction sheet and couldn't seem to find it.

Mike

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
mike91t said:
Does anyone know the pinout # for the stock auxiliary fan? Or is it just controlled by the A/C pressure on a 6spd car. I looked at the AEM instruction sheet and couldn't seem to find it.

Mike
The stock aux. fan isn't computer controlled. The relay is switched to ground by an A/C pressure sensor and a coolant temperature switch in series.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info!

What do I need to set the "basic paramteres" to?
Can I leave some at "0" (vehicle speed, load ....)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts