Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
***ified?
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to find an illustration for the pinout differences between the NA and TT versions of the EMS?

I am dropping a 2jz NA motor in my MKIII and have been able to find a lot more 1100 EMS's for sale. I would like to use one if possible.
 

·
EFI Certified Tuner
Joined
·
1,877 Posts
streetraser2002 said:
the 30-1100 does not work for the NA. you need the 30-1101 as i think jason from AEM stated
are you sure about that? Why have a few persons gotten the 30-1100 to work on their 2JZ-GE cars with some modifications then?
 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
11,221 Posts
I'm not quite sure, but I think if you use the TT model, the tach won't function correctly. You will then need an MSD tach adapter or something.
 

·
Hardtopper
Joined
·
13,043 Posts
AC also doesn't work as reported from some users.

Save yourself the trouble and get the 1101, they are for sale in alot of places.
 

·
EFI Certified Tuner
Joined
·
1,877 Posts
kirkMKIV said:
AC also doesn't work as reported from some users.

Save yourself the trouble and get the 1101, they are for sale in alot of places.
Yea, but the issue is that you can find more used 1100's for cheaper than a new 1101. I think someone even fixed the AC issue..anyone else here read www.AEMPOWER.com forums?
 

·
miata owner...
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
dejacky said:
Yea, but the issue is that you can find more used 1100's for cheaper than a new 1101. I think someone even fixed the AC issue..anyone else here read www.AEMPOWER.com forums?



I pmed zohair who has the 1100 and his ac works. i'll let you guys know if my ac works once my new intake manifold(ver2) gets finished.
 

·
***ified?
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Remember - I have a MKIII

Im not concerned about the tach and AC working - I can wire the tach up to the ignition ground and I dont have AC.

I guess I can just plug a 2jzNA harness into a 3100? I just wanted to make sure that things like the knock sensor, etc arent on different pins.
 

·
Hardtopper
Joined
·
13,043 Posts
p5150 said:
Remember - I have a MKIII

Im not concerned about the tach and AC working - I can wire the tach up to the ignition ground and I dont have AC.

I guess I can just plug a 2jzNA harness into a 3100? I just wanted to make sure that things like the knock sensor, etc arent on different pins.
Yea that will work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
ok,ok.....so what aem do I need for my gte block 92 sc300?
some 1 please pm me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
I have the 1100 (TT version) on my car now, and everything works just fine. The only wire I have to move was the maf to the map input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
I have the 1100 (TT version) on my car now, and everything works just fine. The only wire I have to move was the maf to the map input.
how did you get the AC to work? or did it work out of the box?
also which jumper was set to make the tach signal work on the NA?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
You dont have to set a jumper to get the tach to work. I just loaded the 2JZGE program and tach worked fine. My tuner did the rest. A/C compressor clicks on and blows cold with no problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Anyone else running this 30-1100 box on a NA (2JZ-GE) engine with is300 coil-pack conversion that utilizes the distributor’s VR sensor for cam signal?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top