Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Can we configure the AEM to use the stock AIR temp sensor? Or do we need to buy the new air temp sensor and map sensor like the 2jz guys do?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I tried to use the stock AIr temp sensor until I installed my GM iat in the charge pipe.. Someone said its the same calibration as the coolant temp sensor.. seemed to work fine (accuratly when engine was cold before start), but would heat soak like a mother fucker (130-150*f usually).... in the charge pipe it still heat soaks a little (up to like 100-105) but as soon as I start moving again it works good.. They are cheap (gm sensors) so why not just get one and get a more accurate reading (more accurate tune)

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
ZaZZn said:
Hey guys,

Can we configure the AEM to use the stock AIR temp sensor? Or do we need to buy the new air temp sensor and map sensor like the 2jz guys do?

Honestly for the cost of a GM air temp and AEM Map sensor (3.5 bar) its totaly worth it. First you fwt a Air temp sensor that is in the AEM install wizerd. Plus with the 3.5bar map sensor you get a higher scale than stock so its a win win.

Over all for the $220 or so its going to cost you why not? it will make it much easyer.

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
the 1JZ has a stock Air Temp Sensor. It's on the intake manifold, and the AEM detects it just fine as long as you have a signal wire from the 1JZ harness to the AEM box. I'm running a GM 3BAR for boost control that is easily hooked up through the AEM. Boost control is AWESOME!

Bryan

·
12,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I though it was like 150 i just found out it's like 30.

Anyways, I think in about a month or 2 i'm going AEM over my current setup which is a shame because my current setup does absolutely everything i want except higher then 8000 RPM rev limit.

I figure the real 2 step stutter and the better nitrous/meth control for the ems will also be worth it for me.

Anyways, thanks guys.

·
A Supra: PRICELESS
436 Posts
Let's just say for argument sake the 1JZ air intake temp sensor is not working properly, what would be the symptoms? and where can I find a replacement for it? TIA.

·
12,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2jz one should be the same.

I would guess it would run real rich all the time

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
ZaZZn said:
I though it was like 150 i just found out it's like 30.

Anyways, I think in about a month or 2 i'm going AEM over my current setup which is a shame because my current setup does absolutely everything i want except higher then 8000 RPM rev limit.

I figure the real 2 step stutter and the better nitrous/meth control for the ems will also be worth it for me.

Anyways, thanks guys.
So what are you gonna do with your current set up???

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
I was told by AEM to use all USDM sensors.... Same as when 2JZGTE JDM people go AEM, they have to switch to USDM sensors.

·
12,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats bullshit, all the JDM sensors are the same except for the map voltage and the fact that we don' t have a MAF.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
all the sensors work on my car.. so no need to change

1 - 12 of 12 Posts