Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put my car back together over the weekend and was able to tune for up to 16psi of boost... The AEM EMS is probably the best investment I've made for the car. Drivabiliity is better than stock (with only minor tuning so far), and all I can say is at 16psi with the AEM it feels like what 25psi felt like on the stock ECU w/ the VPC. Granted I added some cams, but it amazes me at how hard the car pulls at only 16psi and still conservative timing (13 degrees!). In addition to the AEM EMS, I am running the CDI ignition system. I must say the car has ran great so far with no problems. Installation wasn't that bad either, so I would highly recommend the CDI despite the problems other people have been having.

Tuning the AEM yourself isn't too bad either... I spend all winter reading the AEM documentation and playing with the software, and was able to tune the car myself within an hour of street driving. There is a fairly high learning curve but having a good base map to start out on really helps as well!

I keep thinking of how the car was on the VPC and stock ignition... It would backfire and idle really rich. A/F's would be consistent at 5000+rpm's but part throttle driving sucked compared to the AEM. I love being able to control everything with the AEM - Car went from keeping traction at 16psi & 10degrees of timing to spinning the tires at 13degrees of timing in 2nd gear. Can't wait to see how 16degrees runs!

Enough praising, but everyone that is still running a piggyback setup needs to know what they're missing out on!

-mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
I figured that as Mav's tuner i would chime in.... Allright i'm mostly just a laptop stand... But the changes that mike made over the winter... Was wow just wow!

Keep up the good work!
I can not wait to tune it at 25+psi ;-)

Ps. where's my vc pics?

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, sorry Ken! I'll e-mail those to you.

And yes, I forgot to give credit where credit is due.. Kenlude97 did an excellent job at using the aem software while were were doing 120mph on the highway ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts