Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Addicted to oil
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the AEM EMS 30-1130 installed on 7mgte. I set up the throttle and timing. I have added that I am using a AEM 3.5 bar manifold pressure sensor and RC 550 3ohm injectors. You can see my other mods in my signature.I have removed the MAF since I installed the pressure sensor.

The car starts fine. All the sensors seem to be working. But the car idles at 10.2AFR. Any hints for the next step?

I atleast want it to be drivable to the dyno.

Dennis

· Addicted to oil
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it do this at a warm idle or when the car is cold? And what version software are you using?
It does this both warm and cold. I'm using AEM PRO 3.23.9.189.

Thanks, Dennis

· Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Try a simple fuel adjustment, do a percentage change maybe take out 10% fuel or so and see how the car reacts, if it leans out according and runs fine it may just be a simple fuel adjustment that is needed, BUT I recently had similar issues and no matter what I did the car ran rich and didn't run well and after talking to the master (chevyeater) he informed me that some of the newer AEM software had inaccurate Injector settings. If that doesn't work email me back and I can help you troubleshoot it some from there. [email protected]

· Addicted to oil
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll look into your recommendation. Any local tuners near West Palm Beach willing to teach me how to get this thing going?

Also, not sure if this has to do with the running rich problem. But the AFR guage on the laptop seems to be stuck at 14.7. My standalone AFR wideband is reading 10.2. The aem is not using any wideband O2 just the stock O2. Perhaps I need to set this up differently?

Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.