Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is posted in the ems tuning section, but no one is really replying so I thought I'd see what you guys think.

I'm not really sure what's going on lately with my car, but I'll give you the basic rundown of my problems....

My setup: AEM, Stock fuel, T67, Meth, Built Auto w/3200 stall

First thing:
About a month and a half ago my mkiv started doing this thing where before the car warmed up, it would rev to like 4000 rpm before it shifts into 2nd gear. After the car comes up to temp, everything works fine. The transmission seems like it stays firm with the shifting and everything is fine. I don't know if this is related to the EMS...

2nd thing:
Shortly after this problem came about, something else happened. When i start driving my car, if I give it moderate partial throttle the AFR's drop to the 10's and it starts acting like its going to die, or it does die, then the problem goes away after driving for a while. Could this be a wideband problem?

I checked the transmission fluid, its full, but smells burnt and needs to get changed
I had a boost leak where some vacuum caps came off, and replaced them, but i'm pretty sure this is unrelated

I would do a datalog for you guys, but my laptop is down at the moment

Any ideas?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Change the fluid and get back to us. The best thing would be to get it flushed. Do you have a trans cooler? If you don't get one. Also get a gauge and make sure you watch it.

Make sure you drive a while then park the car on flat surface. Put the car in "manu" mode and shift it from 1'st all the way to park very slowly. Let it sit for a few seconds in each gear. Keep the engine running and THEN check your trans fluid.

Too many people have no idea how to properly check their auto trans fluid levels. ESPECIALLY shops that "know it all".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts