Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
The minimum price as allowed by AEM for an AUTHORIZED dealer is $1528. If you find it for less than that, it is not from an authorized AEM dealer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Horsepowerfreaks hooked me up with mine, and I am very satisfied with their customer support and services through Torquefreaks.com that offers tuning support! If you look under their clearance specials right now they have a great deal going on for around $2k which includes everything you need to get up and running and then some!! It includes the AEM, 3.5bar sensor good for over 30psi, air temp sensor, FJO wideband and display, etc... Check it out. at Horsepowerfreaks.com Hope this helps

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
ineedboostbad said:
I remember reading a while back on here that an aem ems could be had for just over $1,000.. Is there any truth to this??

How cheap have you seen the AEM EMS and where??

any input helps, thanks!!

-JP
As with many parts, a lot of times the prices you *see* are going to be retail prices or whatever the manufacurer's pricing structure reflects. I purchased mine for $1000 from a local shop I have dealt with many times in the past. If you were to walk in there tomorrow, would they cut you the same price? Nope, but if you are in good graces with a local shop who are able/willing to save you some cash, then yes, it can be found cheaper than what is advertised. Not all the "best deals" are online.

Ryan
FWIW, I received my unit before the last price hike. At the time, WOTM was offering it for ~$1250 on his website.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Prices have gone up since the 1k mark was possible. There are still good deals out there to be had though.

Adam

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Hint: Look for frustrated AEM users on the forum and make them an offer...I'm sure you could find QUITE a deal ;)

Andrew :D

·
Banned
942 Posts
Prices did go up about $100 a while back. If you purchase the HPF EMS kit, however, you will get a good deal if you do the math. Plus, you'll get one of our base-maps which will make your car run nearly perfect.

We are the only Supra company that is direct with AEM and as such get the best pricing. They force us to obide by their pricing structures on our site and in our magazine ads. We can still sell them for whatever we want, we just can't advertise the prices.

If you have tuning questions, we can definitely help as well. We tune at minimum one car per day, and most we have to fly to.

Take care,
Chris.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
ChrisBergemann said:
Prices did go up about $100 a while back. If you purchase the HPF EMS kit, however, you will get a good deal if you do the math. Plus, you'll get one of our base-maps which will make your car run nearly perfect.

We are the only Supra company that is direct with AEM and as such get the best pricing. They force us to obide by their pricing structures on our site and in our magazine ads. We can still sell them for whatever we want, we just can't advertise the prices.

If you have tuning questions, we can definitely help as well. We tune at minimum one car per day, and most we have to fly to.

Take care,
Chris.

Chris, actually we are direct also with AEM.

You must fly alot!!!

Still interested in the parts to install a 400 in your car??

Larry
SP

·
Banned
942 Posts
Sorry about that Larry. I didn't realize you were direct also. Whoops. :)

Yes, Sean flies nearly every week. He tunes a few cars here, then several while he's out. I would say usually around 6-10 cars per week. Theres a lot of demand for good tuners. He even brought a car in to your shop one day and asked to use your dyno. He also tunes cars internationally as well.

I think I may run a TH350. Sounds crazy but MSP seems to have very good luck with it. I'm still not sold, but the TH350 is quite a bit lighter. I appreciate all the advice you gave me in Las Vegas.

We're still working to get the motor back in. Once we get it broken in and dynoed with the 6-speed, we'll be swapping it out for a auto. Maybe you could come out to the west-coast sometime. I'll take you out for drinks.

Here's a link to the status on my car.

www.horsepowerforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=659

Take care,
Chris.

·
Registered
807 Posts
actually, I am direct also, Chris ;)

Justin

Sound Performance said:
Chris, actually we are direct also with AEM.

You must fly alot!!!

Still interested in the parts to install a 400 in your car??

Larry
SP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts