Supra Forums banner

Aem Ems

612 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DaveH 
#1 ·
I was just wondering how hard is it to program an EMS (specifically the AEM one) and how effective it would be. What do you guys recommend for first mods to an N/A after the basics like exhaust and intake? Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
If you are even asking this question you haven't done enough research to program your own EMS. It is extremely effective when properly tuned, but good tuning skills are hard to come by.

First mods, after intake and exhaust....Turbo! If you don't want to go turbo I'd say mid pipe, safc and the block off mods, TBC and EGR.

#3 ·
What exactly is a TBC and EGR? It may sound dumb but I'm new to this. And how do I at least attempt to reprogram the stock EMS?

#5 ·
you cant reprogram it actually; it has to be redone by someone else like Gforce, etc

all this has been discussed many many times; there are a whole slew of people running the AEM setup on their cars...

#6 ·
The EMS is a awesome tool, but it takes quite a long time to learn how to use. I spent the better part of this last summer tweaking on my car, and it finally started coming around toward the end of the summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.