Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2JZ NA-T
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone walk me through a start up for the aem? i just bought it from champanz here on the forum, and i need to know wat all i need to do so i can get it to my tuner, i looked on aempower.com and didnt seem to find any threads talking about where to and how to install the 3.5 map bar sensor and the air temp sensor, if some one could help me i would really appreciate that

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Here is a sketch I made with some wiring notes on the sensors.

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
Unless it came out of a car with an identical setup you're going to need to do a fair amount of tweaking to get it in the ballpark. Even if it does already have a good map you should start over from scratch, a new cal will get rid of any problems that may have developed.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Yeah, you'll need a cal file set up for your injectors and sensors.

·
Registered
951 Posts
seems that you can just put the 2 wires for the IAT sensor into the MAF plug, just like any of the other temp sensor's like the VPC resistor or MAP ECU temp sensor

as for the map sensor, I am using the AEM 5 bar map sensor. do all 3 need to go to the ecu, or just the green (sensor output wire)? can i just wire the positive to a constant 12v and the ground to a constant ground? or do they all need to be run through the firewall and go to the ecu pins? also, do you know by any chance if the pins are the same for OBDI and OBDII? i think there is only 1 version of the AEM but just makin sure

·
2JZ NA-T
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the ecu came from champanz, he hasnt goten any tuning done to it, i was the one asking you about it on AIM, i findaly got it, i dont think he did any tuning, im just going to have to get the car to the tuner, and i need to see if i can just plug it in and have it driveable, its like a 10-15 min ride

·
2JZ NA-T
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yo bj wats goin on man? been tryin to reach u on aim, u probably busy at work, thats cool, got u trading rating like promised :), iight man, here is the deal, i put my AEM in today, the car starts, and idles, and will rev if i give it a lil gas, dies if i floor it though, not really driveable, is there anything i have to calabirate on the ems through my pc? also, i had a fuel cut switch on my car as a safety precuation, the old OFF position for the car now lets the car start, while the old ON position shuts it off, wdf happend? lol

·
2JZ NA-T
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok here is the thing, i got that ame, and i put it in, the car idles but wont rev or drive, realy out of tune, champanz sent me a map but i couldnt put it in, it keeps saying that the ecu is offline when i try to connect it, can some one also tell me where to put the air intake temp sensor and the map bar sensor? i think i got the wiring firgured out thanks to daveh. i need help fast, my car needs to get tuned. thanks you guys

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Ravan17 said:
Ok here is the thing, i got that ame, and i put it in, the car idles but wont rev or drive, realy out of tune, champanz sent me a map but i couldnt put it in, it keeps saying that the ecu is offline when i try to connect it, can some one also tell me where to put the air intake temp sensor and the map bar sensor? i think i got the wiring firgured out thanks to daveh. i need help fast, my car needs to get tuned. thanks you guys
Damn dude, I could have helped you tune but I've got to go out of town today :(

Give me a yell, I'll be back sunday....or you can just sell me your car cheap and forget all of this madness ever happened :)

·
2JZ NA-T
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
help me tune? u konw that could actually work, i'll b in town monday, ure still buying my safcii right? we could arrange for me to pick u up somewhere and do that transaction and you could mayb help me out, i just dont know what all needs to be done, right now it looks liek my sparks are fouled.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts