Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AEM is always running my fuel pump... Any time there is power to the ecu, the FP is on.

Here is what I know:

stock ecu turns the FP on and off, no problem when it is swapped back in. Put the AEM in and it's always on.

AEM output for coil 4 and the fuel pump parameter correspond when monitored. Both read off till the engine is started. The AEM **thinks** it's doing the right thing, but the output remains at 5v. Another funny thing: If I de-pin coil pin 22a (again, IIRC) and power it with 12v (everything else on) it does nothing. Does the fuel pump ECU need to see 5v or something, because 12v doesn't get it to change state.

The output for coil 4 (pin 22a IIRC) is always at 5v. Toggle coil 4 on and off with AEM and the output remains the same.

Is anyone else having this problem?

AEM has given me an RMA number to send it back, but I need to do some tuning with OVRBST first - then later it'll go back.

FYI: AEM is covering EMS repairs at no cost, but according to them they are working on a price structure for repairs - if you have a RMA issue get it handled soon before they start charging to fix the boxes.

-M

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
That's pretty gay that they are going to start charging to repair something that shouldn't be defective in the first place.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
98mkiv said:
AEM has given me an RMA number to send it back, but I need to do some tuning with OVRBST first - then later it'll go back.
Why would you want to continue tuning with a defective unit?

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am under the impression that coil 4's output is the only issue. Why - because I want to get the shit tuned. I can always put the map in another unit if the replace it outright. I want my car on the road for a variety or reasons I don't need to go into.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Up to you I guess, but you're gambling with your engine IMO. You're not certain what this issue is, you're working under an assumption, seems risky. But as you stated, you have your reasons, so I'll wish you good luck, and keep us informed on the outcome:)

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, and thanks for the well wishes, I will need all the help I can get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts