Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK after using the search tool I didn't find any update info on v95 or a somewhat detailed description. A Google search found this.....!
AftermarketPress

(http://www.aftermarketpress.com/index.php/news-by-category-2/engine-product-news/8401-aem-releases-v95-software-update-for-infinity-programmable-ecu ) had the best break down of the new updates. See below

April 17th, 2014, Hawthorne, CA – AEM has released its Version 95 (v95) software update for its Infinity ECU platform. This upgrade delivers several new and enhanced features to the already powerful v92 version of InfinityTuner software, including improved tuning and data logging software navigation. These enhancements include:
MORE FLEXIBILITY
Accel Fuel is enhanced via an added "WallWetting2" 2D table. This new table has a fixed-axis of Coolant Temp [C] vs. Throttle Rate and adds to the existing WallWetting table output, provided an added 4th tuning dimension for this compensation
More control over the final fuel pulsewidth calculation via an added FuelTrim_1 table, a generic trim multiplier to the fuel pulse calculation. This trim is applied to the actual pulse width instead of only the Lambda Target calculation. The table is 2D with multiple input axes available
More control over ignition and fuel knock response compensations. Knock Feedback is modified to include decay over individual cylinders or all cylinders
Improved control over staged fuel activation. A new 1D table 'StagedSwitch'. StagedSwitch table can force staged injection calculations to use primary injectors only, and default table values will allow staged injection. This table can also be used to inhibit secondary injection based on a user-selectable input variable
Lowside 9 input is now assignable and easier to set up (this lowside was previously hard-coded to Tacho). The associated Setup Wizard page makes it much easier to determine the correct frequency and number of pulses, requiring minimal input from the tuner
Ability to custom configure a digital output for dashboard vehicle speed displays. Added LS2_Freq [Hz] - LS9_Freq [Hz] 1D tables provide more flexibility in setup because lowside output frequencies are no longer fixed at one value, but can change based on a user defined variable
Improved control over idle tuning via a new Ignition Trim Idle PID feature. This improvement is ideal for engines with large camshafts that make it difficult to hold a specific idle target speed
Increased control over idle speed during deceleration in gear conditions. A new Idle Feedback Disable feature can be used to avoid stalling after clutch activation in neutral
New multi-map features that include two independent Drive-by-Wire target tables. There are now almost limitless ways to create multiple switch-on-the-fly maps for different engine tuning scenarios
Easier set up and improved flexibility of VVC (variable valve control). An improved VVC function includes added features that make setup easier
NEW INFINITYTUNER SOFTWARE FEATURES:
All logging related functions now reside in the "Logging" menu
AutoSave for calibrations on firmware and control model updates. These conversions now happen automatically with little to no end user action required
Import calibration now supports calibrations from previous versions, which now happens automatically with little to no end user action required
3D graphs now support wire frame view better visibility of live table data
Simplified custom layout file setup:
Text Grids are now easier to arrange using click and drag
Additional layout features including ‘Clear’ and ‘Append’ to combine layouts
New/improved AEM default layout files
Added Oil Temperature to the Setup Wizard (v2.95) for users who rely on Oil Temperature data and require custom calibration data input
Download a copy of v95 of InfinityTuner software with these improvements at www.aemelectronics.com
The Infinity EMS delivers high-end engine control for the racing masses at a fraction of the cost. Built around a latest-generation 200MHz automotive processor, the Infinity is capable of processing 400 MIPS (millions of instructions per second). For a limited time, all Infinity systems come fully enabled without the need for feature add-on purchases. Combined with AEM’s industry leading after-purchase support system, including free technical support, the Infinity is the ultimate engine control solution for both professional race teams and weekend track cars.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I loaded it about a week ago. Updated end user software is nice. Seems more refined. I like the "new VE" field in the ve tab. Makes tuning the ve table a no brainer while o2 feedback is enabled.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Yes, I also did some idle retuning after the upgrade and I'm using precision 1200's with gsc s2's...not exactly a recipe for the best idle but it's surprisingly smooth. I keep idle a little rich, around 13.5 and it also drives like stock. Running flex fuel as well.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have IDC2000, Run E85 and have GSC2 cams and it idles smooth.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I didn't read through the Upgrade PDF< and I did not adjust the VR_PWN Duty 1-axis table! It was causing hesitation and fuel cut off like crazy.

LAstly, the infinity is not recognizing my vehicle speed, even though my speedometer works and my older apexi boost controller sees my speed, and it is correct. Very weird. I need to data log that channel and see what is happening.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I didn't read through the Upgrade PDF< and I did not adjust the VR_PWN Duty 1-axis table! It was causing hesitation and fuel cut off like crazy.

LAstly, the infinity is not recognizing my vehicle speed, even though my speedometer works and my older apexi boost controller sees my speed, and it is correct. Very weird. I need to data log that channel and see what is happening.
According to the Update PDF VR_PWN Duty 1-axis "Allows additional variable dependent voltage detection thresholds for VR input pins." Probably the Traction Control? This table is set to 60% at 0 and 500rpm, which values did you adjust it for?

As for the vehicle speed input, I have the same problem, even though it worked initially. Now VSS_Dig[Hz] reads 0Hz all the time, even when bypassing the odometer, speedometer, cruise control, etc. all working fine...
I've set the vehicle speed input to "GroundSpeed[MPH]" to use the front wheel speed sensors for vehicle speed instead of the transmission signal.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
According to the Update PDF VR_PWN Duty 1-axis "Allows additional variable dependent voltage detection thresholds for VR input pins." Probably the Traction Control? This table is set to 60% at 0 and 500rpm, which values did you adjust it for?

As for the vehicle speed input, I have the same problem, even though it worked initially. Now VSS_Dig[Hz] reads 0Hz all the time, even when bypassing the odometer, speedometer, cruise control, etc. all working fine...
I've set the vehicle speed input to "GroundSpeed[MPH]" to use the front wheel speed sensors for vehicle speed instead of the transmission signal.

I adjusted the rpm to 6000, and right above it to 99%. Car accelerates much better now.

As for the VSS_Dig, Dig_In 4 I believe, hope it works for me! I tried using GroundSpeed without doing any wiring but I can only assume I need to wire my wheel sensors from the ABS computer to the Infinity.

·
Registered
42 Posts

I adjusted the rpm to 6000, and right above it to 99%. Car accelerates much better now.

As for the VSS_Dig, Dig_In 4 I believe, hope it works for me! I tried using GroundSpeed without doing any wiring but I can only assume I need to wire my wheel sensors from the ABS computer to the Infinity.
Our recommended settings for the USDM TT Supra (non-VVTi) are below. The Supra-specific instruction manual has been updated with these values. The options in first screenshot are found in the Setup Wizard under Cam/Crank.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Our recommended settings for the USDM TT Supra (non-VVTi) are below. The Supra-specific instruction manual has been updated with these values. The options in first screenshot are found in the Setup Wizard under Cam/Crank.
Beau,

what does the VR_PwmDuty table configure? Does it effect the the way the ECU changes the VR sensor's sinusoidal wave to square wave?

I will try those settings and see what happens. Whatever it was set to before I changed them DID not work well at higher boost pressures and higher rpm's.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Beau,

what does the VR_PwmDuty table configure? Does it effect the the way the ECU changes the VR sensor's sinusoidal wave to square wave?

I will try those settings and see what happens. Whatever it was set to before I changed them DID not work well at higher boost pressures and higher rpm's.
In a way, yes. VR_PWM Duty table changes the trigger voltage threshold for the cam and crank inputs. The 0-100% corresponds to a voltage threshold. 0% is ~0.08v and 100% is ~2.76v.

Noise cancellations have to do with ignoring false triggers within a certain time window. Simply, the ECU estimates about when certain tooth events should occur based on previous tooth events, and if a tooth event occurs out of this estimated window, it is ignored.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wish this would control a auto :(. AEMBeau, any chance you can chime in on the auto thread in your page here also for v2. A lot of questions there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wish this would control a auto :(. AEMBeau, any chance you can chime in on the auto thread in your page here also for v2. A lot of questions there.
Even though the actual tables are not there, the infinity can control an auto transmission, you will need to build your own tables though.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Beau,

my infinity does not register the vehicle speed, and I'm not sure if it did in V92 since I had used that very little before I upgraded to V95 and tuned the car.

My speedometer works, my afc-R shows my speed(they are both correct) and now the infinity does not. Very weird. Does the infinity harness get tested before it gets shipped? Worse case is I have to get a scope probe of some sort to see if it registers a pulse as the rear wheels spin.

What sucks about that is that I cannot use boost by vehicle speed, nor can I adjust the engine dropping down a few rpms when coming to a stop and pressing the clutch pedal in. Right now, i just keep the idle higher than I want to avoid it. Vehicle speed has Dig 4 as the input.

Are there others with the same issue for the supra and V95 firmware/Tuner?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Even though the actual tables are not there, the infinity can control an auto transmission, you will need to build your own tables though.
How much would that cost? Have a good tuner to build

·
Registered
147 Posts

FYI - I just downloaded everything today...and the instructions still have different values than above. Unfortunately I must have jacked something up...getting errors that channel names are wrong and now it is completely unresponsive.

·
Registered
147 Posts
^^well I think I have the software sorted out, but fuel pump isn't coming on. Will try to sort that out tomorrow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts