Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,got a jdm 2jzgte with a singel t78 and AEM
problem is that some times when i start it up or while driving the idel goes up to 2.000-3.000rpm and stay there
did pull out ICV but this looks fine
even when i conect the pc to the AEM i cant brig idel rpm down...

eny ide's ??

· Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,480 Posts
Sounds like your idle base is set too high, I'd highlight the whole curve and lower it some. Also, check your maximum idle FB value, it might be set really low. You could try a value somewhere around 1600.

HTH.

- Hams

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it can run fine for a day or 3,but then it jumps to 3.000rpm
no parts have been change
yes it have been tuned
i did lower the whole idel curve all the way down but rpm still @ 3000rpm
if i rice the curve rpm goes hier,but i cant get it down :furious:
is iac and icv the same thing ?

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dont think its a vac leak
i have block't the air hose that goes to the icv,now the car never rice rpm
but have to hold a foot on the gas pedal when engine is cold to get it started
do aem have nown problem controlling the icv on jdm 2jzgte ?

· Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,480 Posts
If you are setting the idle target base all the way to zero and the car is still idling at 3000rpm's, then the AEM isn't your problem. There is a mechanical reason for it.

I've seen IAC valves hang before; especially if you take it apart to clean it. I'd also check your TPS in the tuning screen... Does it read 0% at idle with your foot off the gauges? TPS sensor could be bad, or the harness isn't plugged into it.

Is your throttle blade fully closing? Something could be causing an obstruction. I'm thinking obvious things to look for here since you think there isn't a boost leak. I don't think so either, it would have to be a big obvious leak for that to occur. Is your IAC making a hissing noise by chance?

One thing you can try - Remove your IAC from the intake manifold, fully extend it so that it's at the position base 1 (lowest idle rate), re-install it, but DO NOT PLUG IT BACK IN. If your idle is extremely low, then the IAC valve is the problem.

Again to clarify, you need to rotate it so that it's extended all the way out, not all the way in. All the way out gives the lowest idle position, all the way gives the highest idle position.

And remember, DONT PLUG IT BACK IN. If you plug it back in, the ecu will move the idle stepper; you want to test it at the 1st position to see if it lowers idle or not.

Let me know how that works out and report back.

- Hams

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.