Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Idle valve will stick open to 2800 RPM, my tuner will fix it and make it smooth again, but as soon we turn off the car and turn it back on the valve will stick open to 2800 again. . Is like it loosing it setting after the AEM powers off.

We try changing the firmware from the old 1.03 to new 1.19 to see if this will help solve the problem but when we did that the AEM had no control at all of idle valve no matter what we change on the AEM setting.
We had to go back to 1.03 firmware and use a cap on the idle valve hole with a little hole to take idle down to 1100 RPM.
The car will drive like crap with the air on and when it cools down for a while it will start stalling in gears it till it get up to temp again or normal operating temp again..

Any help will be appreciated...

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Only thing I can think of is idle contorl won't work if your TPS Volts are more than .06 volts below your TPS Min value. If TPS Volts is below your TPS min, then adjust it. With your foot off the pedal, the "Throttle" parameter should show something around .5-1V, never zero. This parameter WILL change slightly from a cold engine to a hot one so note the change so you can set TPS min to account for this change.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only thing I can think of is idle contorl won't work if your TPS Volts are more than .06 volts below your TPS Min value. If TPS Volts is below your TPS min, then adjust it. With your foot off the pedal, the "Throttle" parameter should show something around .5-1V, never zero. This parameter WILL change slightly from a cold engine to a hot one so note the change so you can set TPS min to account for this change.
I will look into this 2.....

Thank you.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
What is your box #?

Some of the older AEM EMS (like 1000-1200 or something) had a bad idle circuit. Search on the forums, and you'll find the exact serial numbers. My old EMS was one of the lucky ones, and I purchased it in ~2005 (so was a long time ago). It took a 2 years before it went out on me. I contacted aem and they fixed it no problem.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Interesting, can you provide a link to this thread?

I have my friend's 1101 box in my car right now. I took out my 1101 and traded with him to trouble shoot a different thing. Mine works fine in his car. When I plugged his box in, I loaded my map and started it. RPM went to ~2800 and would not move. I reloaded the firmware with no change. I used some pins and stepped the motor down manually, per FSM, and it's just stuck at 1200 now. No idle control no matter what settings I change. I've read every post I can find on the AEM forum and have found no solution. Didn't know that idle was a common problem.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is your box #?

Some of the older AEM EMS (like 1000-1200 or something) had a bad idle circuit. Search on the forums, and you'll find the exact serial numbers. My old EMS was one of the lucky ones, and I purchased it in ~2005 (so was a long time ago). It took a 2 years before it went out on me. I contacted aem and they fixed it no problem.
I will look and see which one I got...

I know mine is one of the old ones (2003-2004) but I got service like in 2006 when it die on me that year........ Came back with a new board practically brand new components from AEM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts