Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, about to install my AEM infinity 506 on my 1993 JDM RHD supra 6 speed turbo. I had the AEM V1 for 3 years and it's time for a change.

Currently have a walbro 450 pump in 12V mode (no relay) just spliced 2 wires together by the fuel pump ECU. Was installed like this by a shop.
I have the JDM RZ version which came with the NA fuel pump ECU for your reference.

I read lots of posts on how to wire a single/dual pump but most of those have the pictures or links not working. As well as contradicting answers.

I have a diagram here I made from info I gathered from previous posts on how to wire up a single and dual pump. Let me know if this diagram is ok or
would you change something?? i will be using the infinity 506 plug and play harness as well. AUX pin out is below.

A bit confused on pins 85 and 86 on the relays. Which wires do you actually use? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,278 Posts
Hey dude, nice little diagram!

You’ve got it pretty close. 30 is power in to relay from battery with an in-line fuse about a foot off the battery. 87 is power out from relay to fuel pump.

Here’s where it differs a bit:

85 is switch 12v on both relays. When I do it, I don’t use the orange and blue wire. I use switch 12v from ECU. You can get this from AUX 8 (C1-68). I do this instead of using the stock wiring to prevent a possible backfeed issue.

86 is lowside ground trigger on both relays. This way the AEM controls the pumps using ground signal and therefore you can stage the pumps. Usually on AEM Infinity cars it’s lowside 0 for primary pump and lowside 2 for secondary but this can be configured in the software. LS0 and LS2 are provided to you in the auxiliary connector so use those and let your tuner know.

So from ECU run a 3-wire loom to the hatch area where the two relays are mounted. One wire is your switch 12v from AUX 8. Split that wire off into two at the relays and pin to 85 on both. The other two wires are lowside ground trigger from AUX 7 and AUX 10. Run one to each relay and pin to 86.

All done! Once the pumps are configured in the software you can go to the outputs tab and find LS0 and LS2 table. Put 100 in the bottom left box and hit enter on each table to trigger pump on to see if it works. Then put 0 and hit enter to turn off. Great way to pressurize fuel system to check for leaks, drain tank, set fuel pressure, etc.

Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome man exactly what I needed. Thanks so much for the detailed explanation. Will give this a go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts