Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to setting up AEM Infinity in my NA-T IS300 duel ECU set-up. Engine is mostly stock GE VVTi, i.e. stock internals and stock waste spark set up (if I’m not mistaken).

I started my first calibration from the “2JZ VVTi” base map in the “Base Sessions” folder.

In the Wizard, the default ignition type is "Sequential (Coil On Plug)" (attached).

Is this correct? Or should I be using the "Wasted Spark" option?

I’m under the assumption this is a base session for a 2JZ-GTE VVTI, which if I’m not mistaken uses a coil on plug setup.

R/S,

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
It’s “wasted spark”. The non VVTI GTE was COP sequential. The VVTi GTE and the VVTi GE are COP wasted spark.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thank you.

So AEM’s base session Wizard settings are wrong?
I don’t know that I would say the settings are wrong. But I know I had it on Wasted Spark when I first started my VVTi GTE. I swapped in some Yaris coils and remember switching the setting to Sequential Spark.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AEM tech support replied back and confirmed what I already suspected; it should be “wasted spark” for stock GE VVTi ignition set-up. Very odd this wasn’t the pre-configured setting to begin with.

I’ve since gone through meticulously and made my own settings based on my knowledge/research of this platform and how the Infinity works.

The Infinity was already tuned by Vlad at National Speed of Wilmington, NC. I’m just inundating myself in tuning because it’s challenging/fascinating. If anything my goal is to create my own base map to try out after I rebuild, then go from there. I’ll likely still have Vlad at least remote tune before I can get it on a dyno.

Glad you mentioned the Yaris COP upgrade. Got any links to a write-up on that?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Glad you mentioned the Yaris COP upgrade. Got any links to a write-up on that?
I didn’t do a write-up on mine, probably should have though. This page pretty well walked me through it, despite it being a RB25 instead of a 2JZ it is close enough. Main thing is to either buy the coilpacks brand new from Toyota or go pull them yourself at a wrecker yard because the inexpensive ones on Amazon and EBay are without a doubt FAKE. I bought new coilpack connectors and used a deutsch connector to wire it to the Infinity. Power is thru a 10ga wire controlled by a relay. Each coil has a +12V, Gnd, and the trigger signal. The IGF isn’t used. I made sure to ground it on the frame and the engine head, too. I went with ASE coil brackets but cannot recommend them because he kept sending me duplicates of the same bracket (they’re actually 3 different brackets so I just finally made it work). That was several years ago so maybe he got his shit together by now idk?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts