Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just recently decided to look into a few standalone ecus and am mainly looking at AEM's ECU but I'm just not sure what I should go with. My supra is a 6 Speed GTE NON-VVTI. If anyone has suggestions for which AEM ECU I should look into or just any ECUs they have had a good experience with please let me know how it went.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,482 Posts
Hey there, you'll find a lot more posts here: Dyno Tuning

As an AEM Infinity owner, I'd push you in a different direction. AEM was bought by Holley, but even before that, they had shifted to EV's and stopped updating firmware with the Infinity despite being their latest ECU (it's an ECU designed/made by Engine Labs and AEM has their own tweaks and firmware I'm sure).

I strongly feel like going with the recipe of your primary tuner/shop is a best practice. I think of it as best results typically come when people are most familiar with what they are doing. Haltech, Pro-EFI, MoTec, Syvecs, AEM, Ecumaster, Link -- they all make capable products for a 6sp application, if you have any unique needs the list will narrow.

Don't forget to pair it with a BTI Gauge, a company that spawned up with custom telemetry monitoring gauges from a long time Supra owner on here named Brandon - BTI Gauges General

1 - 2 of 2 Posts