Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's I made this run on a closed course last Friday from 55 to 118 or so.

17psi
12.00 a/f
15 deg timing
3rd gear roll on - no kick down

Here is a screenshot of the AEM log. I am curious if you think its knock or just wngine noise.

Thanks.
Bob

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phorcefed00 said:
PC logger is worthless for looking at Knock...post an internal log with Knock #1 Volts, and Knock #2 volts.

Well I did not know that, Why is that the case? I am going to set up the internal logging tommorro I hope. The little bit I played with it I could not get to it log, I am still learning to AEM.

Bob

·
Registered
855 Posts
PC logging max speed is 50 samples per second (I think) but the internal logging max speed on the fast channel can be set to 250 samples per second.

·
Registered
282 Posts
what rpm is that?

doesnt seem like knock, but I would drive around 11.3-11.5 AFR on pump just to be safe,
and how much octane have your pump fuel? 91? 92? 93?

PS: of course an internal log would be much better

S

·
0 Posts
knock is usually anything over 3.5 volts i believe. a good way to determine engine noise vs. knock is to record a log on pump gas. drain it dump in pure race gas and do the same pull no adjustments and record knock again and look at the difference

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys !

The run was done on 93 octane from 3000rpm to 6200 or so. I am going to work on getting the internal logging setup. My first try with it got a good recording of the car idleing :urowned:

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
A good setup for internal logging pulls on the dyno (or favorite strip of pavement) is the following:

This will only "arm" the logger when you go above 65% throttle, and you will be able to get quite a few runs in before pulling the data if you want. Of course, if you are wanting to log something other than WOT, you would want to modify these basic settings to suit your needs.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks John !

I will try and set that up tommorro. I am patiently awaiting your email !! The first calibration you sent was AMAZING the car has never run so good. You have impressed me to no end!!!

Bob

·
Real Girl Thread FTW!
4,626 Posts
Interesting setup. Never tried the internal log! I'll try it soon enough! Thanks

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3,796 Posts
he probably meant to put knock #2 in fast 7.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh I see LOL...

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts