Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have the LS1 coils and AEM setup with the coil wires from the AEM plugged into the receiving wires to the LS1 coils that goto the proper coil pairs. I have the coil power plugged direct to the battery and the coil ground goes to the body. I turn the motor over with the spark plug of #1 outside of the motor and I observe no spark.

I have used a voltmeter and observed only 2.2 volts from each coil channel from the AEM to each coil bank, 1, 2, and 3.

Anyone have a clue why I am not getting any spark? I moved my PC into the garage, ordered a case of beer, and I'm not moving until my Supra roars to life! Please help!! :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's lonely and cold in this garage! I did manage to shock myself while drunk. I did not spill my beer though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice....maybe time to order another case ;)

lol

No, I need my Supra running, besides, now I have dipped into the vodka. I can't figure out why it's not firing for the life of me. Damnit!

I have power to the coils(Ask me how I know, owch!)

I have a proper ground(1 wire goes all the way back to the battery to ground all 6 coils)

I have the 3 correct signal wires directly from the AEM, pins 57,56,55 leading to the 3 wires coming off of the coils, and those wires each read 2.6 volts with key in the ignition, and drop .5 volts while engine is cranking. I don't think it should be doing that though, should it?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... :1poke:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Search Yahoo Groups for "LS1 coils". You should get hits in the AEMECU group. Derek O'banion posted there many times with LS1 settings.

In the end, however, almost everyone dumped LS1 coils. Maybe you'll have better luck.

-scott

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Search Yahoo Groups for "LS1 coils". You should get hits in the AEMECU group. Derek O'banion posted there many times with LS1 settings.

In the end, however, almost everyone dumped LS1 coils. Maybe you'll have better luck.

-scott

Hmmm, I'm at a loss as to what I should do...

I have the money for the HKS DLI, and new coils, and I could pick up an igniter cheap...

However, I already have these LS1 coils, and I just want a reliable 500 rwhp to cruise with this summer. Shouldn't it be fairly simple to setup LS1 coils to run off the AEM?

Thanks for the help, I will check that group again, but the messages section is FULL of spam. Arrrgghhhh!

·
Registered
199 Posts
It shouldn't be too hard, I did it myself. Dont' know if will matter but did you change the AEM setting for the ls1? There are only couple wires for the coils and i attached the power to the alternator per derek's instructions.

I believe they are the settings below.
Dwell Max: 10
Coil factor: 30
Dwell vs Batt Volts table: 100% all cells
Dwell vs RPM table: 100% all cells

1 - 8 of 8 Posts