Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will an AEM work with macintosh or is it strictly for the windows platform? im buying a mac in a few weeks and plan on AEM later on down the road, just making sure it will work, if not ill just get a cheap windows laptop strictly for the AEM.

Thanks Jim

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
It should work on a Mac Book Pro yes. I will know for sure tomorrow:)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome ryan if ya could let me know thatd be great, im gettin a macbook too, not the pro, but it shouldnt be the same thing

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not necessarily running windows ON a mac, its running windows software on the mac...the new macbook is i BELIEVE 97% windows capable

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
MtFujiSupra said:
The purpose of what? The AEM software demands a Windows environment.
The purpose of bieng Mac compatible, wich the question was and naturally, nothing is.

Creating an artificial windows environment on a Mac seems like asking for trouble in my opinion, kinda sorta like using a USB to serial adapter with AEM. Just get a crappy old IBM thinkpad off ebay to tune with, they are cheap (and cheap to fix), largely bombproof, 110% AEM compatible and if you accidentialy run it over with the car, no big deal, get another one for next to nothing...

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
chevyeater-on-sf said:
The purpose of bieng Mac compatible, wich the question was and naturally, nothing is.

Creating an artificial windows environment on a Mac seems like asking for trouble in my opinion, kinda sorta like using a USB to serial adapter with AEM. Just get a crappy old IBM thinkpad off ebay to tune with, they are cheap (and cheap to fix), largely bombproof, 110% AEM compatible and if you accidentialy run it over with the car, no big deal, get another one for next to nothing...
Macbook can come bundled with MS XPP. Nothing virtual, it's all MS to the core. I can't understand your post, are you telling him that there is no compatibility?

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
MtFujiSupra said:
Macbook can come bundled with MS XPP. Nothing virtual, it's all MS to the core. I can't understand your post, are you telling him that there is no compatibility?
I can't understand your confusion. If you have windows on your Mac, then obviously it is compatible with AEM, kinda like my first two word post indicated. I said Windows only, not PC only. :chairshot

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
chevyeater-on-sf said:
I can't understand your confusion. If you have windows on your Mac, then obviously it is compatible with AEM, kinda like my first two word post indicated. I said Windows only, not PC only. :chairshot
Wow, you finally got-off a coherent post. Congrats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts