Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i havent actually driven my t78 aem supra since the aem install. It has 1000cc inj, and twin walbros. Aem 5bar map. I got it to kinda idle with the start up cal that came with it. After trying it a couple different times it let out a HUGE backfire. Aem hasnt emailed me back yet so i cant join aempower to download any maps on there. Can someone please help me with this or someone who is a member of aempower please download this for me.

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?topic=6168.0
Thanks

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
I DL the map for you.

Shoot me your email and I will send it to you.

Bob

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
^^

That map is on the old software (v.1.03). Also that member has 720cc injectors, not the 1000cc like you listed from your car.

The way you worded this thread leads people to believe it's the aem box thats giving you problems. The problem is YOU, b/c you don't know how to tune it.

This map will not work. I caution you when using radom maps on the forums. I'd hate to see you hurt your motor.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Email is [email protected]. And i know it is different than what i need but it would be something to start from. So its too old to work? Then where is one that will work? And yes.. i know the problem isnt the actual aem.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
^^

That map is on the old software (v.1.03). Also that member has 720cc injectors, not the 1000cc like you listed from your car.

The way you worded this thread leads people to believe it's the aem box thats giving you problems. The problem is YOU, b/c you don't know how to tune it.

This map will not work. I caution you when using radom maps on the forums. I'd hate to see you hurt your motor.

Good Point!

What version are running? V1.11?

:)

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
FYI- There is no point in starting with a map if it doesn't meet your basic criteria. Example of such:

Injector size
Map sensor (brand and size 3 or 5 bar)
IAT Sensor

Some maps have crazy setting for Nitrious, secondary pumps, agressive timing after a certain boost pressure, and so on and on.

If your car starts up with your current map and back fires when giving it gas then maybe one of your sensors aren't set-up. Did you calibrate your TPS?

GL, I hope you get it sorted out. :)

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,487 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
FYI- There is no point in starting with a map if it doesn't meet your basic criteria. Example of such:

Injector size
Map sensor (brand and size 3 or 5 bar)
IAT Sensor

Some maps have crazy setting for Nitrious, secondary pumps, agressive timing after a certain boost pressure, and so on and on.

If your car starts up with your current map and back fires when giving it gas then maybe one of your sensors aren't set-up. Did you calibrate your TPS?

GL, I hope you get it sorted out. :)
:werd:

Don't be another tuning novice who thinks he can tune the AEM because he is gifted. Take it to a GOOD tuner and don't be a dick. Don't use a map that doesn't fit your basics. And don't tune your own AEM without any previous knoweledge. Don't tune your AEM without EXTENSIVE knoweledge SPECIFICALLY about the AEM and EXPERIENCE.

Joe

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LLCoolJ94 said:
:werd:

Don't be another tuning novice who thinks he can tune the AEM because he is gifted. Take it to a GOOD tuner and don't be a dick. Don't use a map that doesn't fit your basics. And don't tune your own AEM without any previous knoweledge. Don't tune your AEM without EXTENSIVE knoweledge SPECIFICALLY about the AEM and EXPERIENCE.

Joe
Dude why are you calling me a dick? Its a forum, calm down. And i am just wanting help to get my car running. it WILL be tuned by a pro on a dyno but i have to be able to drive it there!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
house_of_senate said:
Dude why are you calling me a dick? Its a forum, calm down. And i am just wanting help to get my car running. it WILL be tuned by a pro on a dyno but i have to be able to drive it there!

Get yourself a trailer, push it on, have it tuned, have fun making lots of power :sadance:

Mike

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
house_of_senate said:
Some actual helpful replies would very appreciated.
My replies are helpful. I saved you from hurting your motor. Response like this will yeild less help to other people in the future. A simple, "thanks chucky" would suffice.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No you didnt save me from hurting my motor...I am using normal safe start up cals and trying to make it the best i can until i get to the shop. This is why supraforums has gone downhill...everyone on here thinks they are awesome and know it all. Dont reply in this thread anymore Chucky.

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
house_of_senate said:
No you didnt save me from hurting my motor...I am using normal safe start up cals and trying to make it the best i can until i get to the shop. This is why supraforums has gone downhill...everyone on here thinks they are awesome and know it all. Dont reply in this thread anymore Chucky.
You're trying upload a map with the wrong injectors into your car. You expect that to work? :ugh2:

I'll be reading about your blown motor shortly and how the aem ems "screwed" you over :lol:

GL, genius.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I wasn't trying to be a dick but Chucky is right. You really need to just get it to the shop. From there they will get it dialed in for you. You don't want to be sitting along the road with fouled plugs or worse. I ment what I said about a trailer. Since you already tried starting it up and with the problems you already have you really should just step back from the laptop and have someone who knows the AEM tune it for you before you try driving it.

Mike

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chucky Doll said:
You're trying upload a map with the wrong injectors into your car. You expect that to work? :ugh2:

I'll be reading about your blown motor shortly and how the aem ems "screwed" you over :lol:

GL, genius.
I will be changing the inj you idiot. You think you know everything but your just another person who can only talk shit online. This thread doesnt concern you anymore. bye

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
house_of_senate said:
I will be changing the inj you idiot. You think you know everything but your just another person who can only talk shit online. This thread doesnt concern you anymore. bye
The only "idiot" around here is you. Dumbass, asking for help with a map but claims to be able to change injectors sizing. :rofl: You don't even know what software you're using.. Shall I go on? :rofl: :rofl:

Now you're begging the mods to lock this thread to avoid futher humilation. Pretty pathetic. I'm done with this clown.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,487 Posts
house of senate: YOU need to calm down. EVERYBODY here gave you great advice. Chucky gave you great advice. But you did not appear to heed to it. That angers me. YOU think you know it all. YOU think you can just learn AEM as you go and do whatever you want. YOU never told us you were changing injectors so how would we know?? Why would you even buy injectors to change them out anyway??

If you are a diehard that wants to drive his car there, find someone locally who can help you, download a map from somebody with an IDENTICAL setup, and try to use that. If not, LEAVE IT ALONE and trailor it there!

Dude, you don't even know what version you are running!!! How can we possibly help you? You have not given us any descriptive information about your setup.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
house_of_senate said:

Reponses like this is the reason why supraforums is going down hill. From the responses you're getting i don't understand why you are upset. They are logical and make perfect sense. You need to update the AEM first before you do anything else. Trailer it to a reputable tuner of your choice or fly one in. As they say, you must pay to play. If you can't afford to do either then you really should not have gone AEM if you do not know what you are doing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts