Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 supra mk3. it was originally a automatic turbo which was converted to manual. i noticed that the aem 30-1130 is only for a manual car. I think i am still running a automatic ecm. Is the pins the same as a manual ecm? Would it make a difference of the factory ecm harness in respects to an aem?

someone please help me

thanks

· LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,225 Posts
You need to use the TSRM and compare the auto ECU plug to the manual ECU plug. Then download the AEM EMS install directions and see if the wires that are different matter at all.

This will likely take an hour to look at and decide if it'll work or not.

Shooting from the hip.. I'd say it'll work fine.

· 435 RWHP @ 17 PSI
236 Posts
It will work, we have 2 cars at the shop with auto harnesses that run on AEM.
So would the AEM ems 30-1130 work in my built auto 89 turbo supra? I've been trying to find someone that runs it in an auto MK3 turbo and haven't had any luck. All the dealers say manual trans only.

7,441 Posts
According to 3P's thread over on SM the only difference between the auto and manual ECUs is one resistor soldered into a certain position on the actual motherboard. Everything else is exactly the same, including wire inputs/outputs and most of the actual harness as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.