Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just need some advice on AEM stand alone.

1. Does OEM Tranny computer work with it? as in can I still use O/d button and "manual" mode? Yes I use manu mode sometimes for autocross. Couple of times a year.

2. Does the AEM come with a built in wide band o2 computer? I was going to buy an AEM from a guy in Ill. on forum (larrybee), but my funding did not come through. The picture he had of it showed an AEM box stating the wide band was built in. The part number he gave was the one for Supra TT on AEM website.

3. Do most people get a harness to go with it to put in the extra sensors so they do not have to cut into stock harness?

4. Is HPF's kit a good deal?

5. Can a turbo timer feature be programmed into AEM? Or is it just easier to just get a turbo timer? Trying to be keep electronics as simple as possible. One reason I'm looking at AEM stand alone is so I do not have all these do-dads all over the place (fuel computer,VPC, boost controller, BCD, and so on). Most I want is the AEM progammable guage in dash (if it will fit somewhere)

Current just have a 1994 stock TT auto with 110miles. Planning on just getting tuned to a max of 18 psi no more, and staying with stock tranny and turbos.
Have ,but not installed, RMM downpipe and apexi gt exhaust.

If zeroshift , and my funding, evercome available then single stroker and a built zeroshift six speed tranny. BUt for now got to concentrate on finishing house remodel. Minor supra upgrade for fun.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Just need some advice on AEM stand alone.

1. Does OEM Tranny computer work with it? as in can I still use O/d button and "manual" mode? Yes I use manu mode sometimes for autocross. Couple of times a year.

2. Does the AEM come with a built in wide band o2 computer? I was going to buy an AEM from a guy in Ill. on forum (larrybee), but my funding did not come through. The picture he had of it showed an AEM box stating the wide band was built in. The part number he gave was the one for Supra TT on AEM website.

3. Do most people get a harness to go with it to put in the extra sensors so they do not have to cut into stock harness?

4. Is HPF's kit a good deal?

5. Can a turbo timer feature be programmed into AEM? Or is it just easier to just get a turbo timer? Trying to be keep electronics as simple as possible. One reason I'm looking at AEM stand alone is so I do not have all these do-dads all over the place (fuel computer,VPC, boost controller, BCD, and so on). Most I want is the AEM progammable guage in dash (if it will fit somewhere)

Current just have a 1994 stock TT auto with 110miles. Planning on just getting tuned to a max of 18 psi no more, and staying with stock tranny and turbos.
Have ,but not installed, RMM downpipe and apexi gt exhaust.

If zeroshift , and my funding, evercome available then single stroker and a built zeroshift six speed tranny. BUt for now got to concentrate on finishing house remodel. Minor supra upgrade for fun.
1. For the Mk4, the AEM takes control of the transmission (since the engine ECU also controls the transmission). However, the functions you are talking about will still function the same (not to mention you will know have full adjustability of all aspects of the auto transmission shifting).

2. The Supra boxes do not come with built in wide band drivers, but they do have the same dual wideband inputs as all the other AEM units. You can run pretty much any wideband that has a 0-5V output.

3. Some do, some don't. Simply personal preference.

4. Hit up [email protected] for best AEM pricing in the NW. :)

5. No turbo timer feature in the AEM.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John.

Do you guys do Auto tranny (a341e) rebuilds?

The guy I normally use for Supra work beyond what I'm capable or want to do is trying to steer me to using the piggy back stuff. In order to do piggy back you have to cut into stock harness correct?

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Thanks John.

Do you guys do Auto tranny (a341e) rebuilds?

The guy I normally use for Supra work beyond what I'm capable or want to do is trying to steer me to using the piggy back stuff. In order to do piggy back you have to cut into stock harness correct?
With a Fields harness I believe you can use the factory harness without molesting it. I hear lots of positive stuff about the V-Pro, and John says it works really good as well! Unlike the AEM, end-user programming is not allowed unless your an HKS authorized tuner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts