Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed the Aem Tru Boost Controller/Guage and I can't get it to work.

I have the hose from the turbo compressor going into port 3 on the solenoid.
I have the hose from the wastegate actuator going into port 2 on the solenoid.
The Sintered Muffler is on port 1 of the solenoid.
I capped off the bottom of the wastegate actuator.
I capped off the nipple that the hose from the bottom of the wastegate actuator went to. (I think its the VSV)

The lights on the gauge are working and it is reading boost perfectly. The "wastegate crack pressure" is set to 12. I turned boost setting a and b all the way up to 90 and it still does nothing. It boosts up to 13 psi. It feels just like stock.

Can a wire be not connected? Is it just not turned on? What is wrong?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also the vacuum at idle reads -18 in neutral and -16 in drive with the brake on. Is this right?

·
Banned
222 Posts
Hook It Up To The One That Goes Hooked Up Tp The Wastegate You Need To Hook It Up On Both Ports Of The Wastegate I Have The Truboost It Its No Joke

·
Girlfriend #1 is a Rider
195 Posts
i have mine hook up, everything is working fine just that i can't seem to figure out how to set the boost to 18psi on stock twins (currently boost is at 8-12psi). if you have the pics i might be able to help...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i have mine hook up, everything is working fine just that i can't seem to figure out how to set the boost to 18psi on stock twins (currently boost is at 8-12psi). if you have the pics i might be able to help...
I have mine hooked up but I'm in the same boat as you. I can only boost to 13 psi on stock twins. It seems like it just isn't "turned on"

·
Stock Twins King
4,514 Posts
My 1st suggestion to anyone not having full potential boost, is to remove the "cap" on the downward facing wastegate actuator nipple and report back. This will rule out everything but the guage itself. (Be a little cautious, since this is unlimited boost) Back off at like 5K to be safe

Stu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts