Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here's my issue...

I'm running an AEM tru boost ebc on a BPU auto supra with about 132k miles on the odo. Besides CAI, Exhaust and the BCC it has an HKS blowoff valve and FMIC.

The duty cycle for A that is the selected program is at a duty cycle of 85 and I'm only hitting 16.2 PSI when I push the right button in to determine my max PSI reached. I did a few passes on the highway and empty roadways from 0-80 mph and usually get between 14.5 and 16 psi reached. I'm wandering if there is something I have set incorrectly or if I need to raise the DC even higher to reach a stable 18psi. I worry about raising the DC and blowing my turbos...

So...
for anyone using this on a bpu supra a few questions:
1. What are your settings at for everything?
2. Do you hit and hold your desired psi through all the gears and at what RPM range do you achieve your desired psi (and at what DC)?
3. Do you need to be above 80 mph to hit that 18psi that I want?

Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

·
ex BPU'er
5,095 Posts
So here's my issue...

I'm running an AEM tru boost ebc on a BPU auto supra with about 132k miles on the odo. Besides CAI, Exhaust and the BCC it has an HKS blowoff valve and FMIC.

The duty cycle for A that is the selected program is at a duty cycle of 85 and I'm only hitting 16.2 PSI when I push the right button in to determine my max PSI reached. I did a few passes on the highway and empty roadways from 0-80 mph and usually get between 14.5 and 16 psi reached. I'm wandering if there is something I have set incorrectly or if I need to raise the DC even higher to reach a stable 18psi. I worry about raising the DC and blowing my turbos...

So...
for anyone using this on a bpu supra a few questions:
1. What are your settings at for everything?
2. Do you hit and hold your desired psi through all the gears and at what RPM range do you achieve your desired psi (and at what DC)?
3. Do you need to be above 80 mph to hit that 18psi that I want?

Any other suggestions are much appreciated.
I too have an AEM Tru Boost. Change your SPR setting to something higher. The stock spring is 11 psi, so I would start at around 8 psi and see how it spools up. When I had a small 0.6 bar spring on my single trying to run 19 psi, I had trouble spooling as I hit 19 psi @ 6000rpm which was very lazy and slow. That has since been rectified by using a larger spring.

Note that keep your DC low while you figure out the proper SPR setting. Go to youtube and AEM has a video on how to set up your BC.

Jeremy

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeremy I watched your videos and tried your advice in adjusting the spring pressure. The results seem the same. I ran the car 0-80 mph with and without the device on at 75 d.c. and 8.00 on the spring pressure and I get 15.5 psi on average whether the thing is on or not. During one run I made a peak of 16.8 and once 17.2 with the A setting of 75/8 but I never went higher then 85 mph on those runs with Wide open throttle during all the runs. I just want to be able to make a consistent 18psi that stays on and continues on from the moment I enter boost and so far I've had no luck of even reaching PSI when pushing the right button to read maximum psi reached... it also seems that the warning light has not been wired or something is wrong because i set that to 14psi just to test it and nothing came on flashing like the videos...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.