Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not asking this because im to lazy to hook it up. Its already hooked up. Im just curious. Is it actually important to hook up the white wire from the gauge to the EMS. I didnt know if it was just so the ems would show the afr on the laptop or if it actually uses it.

Thanks

·
Registered
951 Posts
house_of_senate said:
I am not asking this because im to lazy to hook it up. Its already hooked up. Im just curious. Is it actually important to hook up the white wire from the gauge to the EMS. I didnt know if it was just so the ems would show the afr on the laptop or if it actually uses it.

Thanks
i'm pretty sure you have to have the white wire hooked up to the EMS. i'm pretty sure that's all it uses. i don't think the EMS will even use the stock narrowband

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You can ditch your stock O2 with the aem. It will use the wideband to determin AFR's but don't forget to setup your aem for the wideband your using and also which O2 is your wideband (example O2 #1 or #2)

Mike

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
While you can certainly run the EMS w/o the wideband input, having the WB offers some nice options. For instance, you can do automapping when the wideband is setup on the EMS. Instead of creating a fuel table of pulse width, you can do a whole table of desired air/fuel ratios. As you drive around with the "automap" feature enabled, the EMS will re-write the map to hit the desired AFR. It makes putting a fuel map together a LOT simpler!

You'll want to read on how to set it up though. You'll have to cut the wire coming in to the EMS from your original O2 sensor, and connect the WB output to that terminal. Then you'll have to tell the EMS which sensor is going to be your primary, and what WB sensor is connected to it. There's plenty writen about this on the AEM forums though.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I tapped the UEGO into the factory wiring, so i didnt have to use any special inputs on the EMS.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
When you say you tapped in to the original wiring....did you cut the wire from the O2 sensor, or just splice in to it? I believe it can mess up the signal to the EMS if you just splice in to the O2 wire while leaving the original O2 sensor connected. I suppose you could splice in to the wire if you removed the OEM sensor though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts