Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
97 HARD TOP
1,044 Posts
thats a good question. i just left the stock ones pluged in and welded a extra flange for the wide band since it plugs straight into the guage and i havent had any problems with it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
That's the same question I asked I got a response saying yes you can delete the oxygen sensors if running a Aem ems. U would assume since the v2 isn't really self learning computer like the factory and since you already have to tune for fuel air and spark as it is, a good wideband would just replace the oxygen sensor as a way of watching and helping to adjust the afr as we tune.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
i deleted the oem o2 sensor and using aem wideband o2 sensor for my aem v2

john reed said it was ok, so i bought a weld-in bung and welded it onto my downpipe about 15+" away from the turbo
works great.

the aem v2 may have an option you can select between many different brands of o2 sensors.

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the wide band doesnt have to be exactly on the manifold if thats all your worried about.
no im not worried about that i was worried about having a stock O2 sensor dangling around cuz i have no where to put it cuz my manifold doesnt have a place for it. and I'm running my wideband off my v.2 so i dont really need a stock one, or atleast that was my question.
i deleted the oem o2 sensor and using aem wideband o2 sensor for my aem v2

john reed said it was ok, so i bought a weld-in bung and welded it onto my downpipe about 15+" away from the turbo
works great.

the aem v2 may have an option you can select between many different brands of o2 sensors.
pretty much what i was hoping for

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.