Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been running great with the AEM other than a couple small issues.

The car will go lean to about 17.0 for a split second during throttle tip in at low speeds and high vacuum. If I'm at very low speed, like cruising around a parking lot or neighborhood, or taking off from a stop light (sometimes), I have to press the throttle very very gently to get a smooth takeoff. If I press it too quickly the car will buck for a sec and then catch and go or it will sometimes die out. The car will also die out sometimes during the N > D shift at a stop. I've also noticed the car dying out on a hard deceleration and then taking a turn. What can cause these issues? Do I need to add a little bit of fuel to the decel fuel? How do you guys with the autos have it set up? What do I need to do to adjust the throttle tip in at low speed high vacuum?

1,442 Posts
Make sure your TPS is calibrated correctly than use the Accel tables. They're under Fuel > Accleration Fuel > than use the Throttle or Load Accel tables depending on your setup. I only use the Load accel tables with applications utilizing a larger TB.

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeah the tps is calibrated close to 1.0% closed throttle and close to 100% wot. i need to check exactly what it maxed out at but it was like 99.5% or something. i read the aem doesn't like 0% as closed tps so i set it to 1%. i bet this is causing my issue! i'll check it out tonite and report back. thanks for your feedback.

1,442 Posts
yeah the tps is calibrated close to 1.0% closed throttle and close to 100% wot. i need to check exactly what it maxed out at but it was like 99.5% or something. i read the aem doesn't like 0% as closed tps so i set it to 1%. i bet this is causing my issue! i'll check it out tonite and report back. thanks for your feedback.
Yea it doesn't work like that. Set it by going under Configure > ECU Setup > Set throttle range. Do this process with the car off to get the correct range. My min is .15%

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow i am way off. i'll change it tonite. so basically i want it as close to 0 without actually being at 0?

1,442 Posts
You'll see what I mean tonight but you're basically setting the range with your foot off the pedal than with it fully open. Thats why the car must be off (key on) to set the range properly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a similar issue (very lean for a second on low load/low rpm) so checked my min TPS value. This is 0.00% when I don't touch the throttle. Can this be the cause of the issues?

And why can't the AEM handle 0.00%?

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you're not touching the throttle the TPS reading should be ~.50v. i don't know how people get 0v. you must not have the key turned to on.

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i seem to have fixed the lean tip in i guess. but what the issue is now is that my AFRs will lean out the longer the car is on. like after 10 minutes they get leaner and after 20 even leaner. if i put the car in park and let it idle it gradually gets leaner after about 5 minutes and goes off the AFR wideband scale. i'm stumped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts