Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are a few people on here running these. How are the sensors holding up on race gas? Any other problems out of these? I am in the market for a wideband, and I am considering this as a option. I know the Innovate is out there, but it comes standard with the same sensor, and it is rather bulky. So, I want to see any complaints,praises, etc on the AEM WBO2 gauge.

Jason

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
HotSoup said:
I know that there are a few people on here running these. How are the sensors holding up on race gas? Any other problems out of these? I am in the market for a wideband, and I am considering this as a option. I know the Innovate is out there, but it comes standard with the same sensor, and it is rather bulky. So, I want to see any complaints,praises, etc on the AEM WBO2 gauge.

Jason

I love AEM but to be honest, the sensors hold up terribly to race gas..... good thing is that they are cheap to replace.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I thought about doing is buying the gauge and 2 sensors. I will run both sensors, and label one "race" and the other "pump". That way when I go to the track I can just unbolt the pump gas one and bolt up the one for race gas. Does this sound like a feasable solution to the race gas problem and this type of sensor?

Jason

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
HotSoup said:
What I thought about doing is buying the gauge and 2 sensors. I will run both sensors, and label one "race" and the other "pump". That way when I go to the track I can just unbolt the pump gas one and bolt up the one for race gas. Does this sound like a feasable solution to the race gas problem and this type of sensor?

Jason

yes, but to make the race gas one last longer..... run some pump gas through it before you remove it.... then only use the other sensor for pump gas only.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I just dont like how almost all wideband kits on the market are damn LED's they wash out in the sunlight

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
AEM and couple of the other wide band uses the bosch sensor which does not like leaded fuel,the best sensor to use for leaded fuel is the NTK.FJO now can use either NTK or bosch sensor.Also do not install the bosch sensor too close to the turbo because it will get over heated and you will get a time out till it cools off.

·
Registered
1993.5 White Turbo Supra
919 Posts
i love mine... no complaints.. i'd say its worth getting over the cheaper ones if you really care about safety that much..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts