Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Short version:
Previous tuner connected the aem input wire to the v2 white wire from the 6 wire connector on the aem wb sensor/uego rather than the white wire on the 4 wire connector from the aem wb sensor/uego and I'm having crazy problems.

Long version:

I'm taking my car in for a tune at the end of this month and while going back and forth with the awesome new tuner for an initial "mail tune" have had some issues getting the reading on the wideband gauge to match (or even come close) to the reading in aem tuner.

For background- after I had the last tuner tune my car, I realized that when I turned my car off- all the interior and gauge cluster lights would stay on (I assume they tapped the actual aem into an ignition wire) and eventually it would die. I also noticed that the aem uego was not working at all, when I asked the tuner why it wasn't reconnected- he stated "yeah, we ran out of time, but you can bring it back to fix." (No way, I lived 2.5 hours away).

When I got home and looked under the kickpanel, I saw that the wire that went to the aem v2 lambda2 was not hooked up to the white wire on the aem wideband. I reconnected and assumed everything was fine. It wasn't.

After actually getting under my dash this past week- I saw why the tuner didn't reconnect the AEM:

They had hooked the lambda one that goes into the aem v2 to the white wire on the 6 wire harness on the aem sensor rather than to the correct 4 wire harness on the aem sensor because they didn't want to take the panel off the left kickpanel to run the wire properly.

My question is this (and I think the answer is "yes"): Would this cause my aem uego reading to not match the reading on my aemtuner?

Regardless of replies- I will post an update.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

As predicted- this was the issue (duh). I had to take the entire dash apart thanks to the moron who wired the alarm in and the shit shop that cut everything then shoved it all back in there. I ran the correct wire to the aem and now it's syncing properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts