Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can buy this kit? i've seen the complete one on ebay but i'm just after the lines, saves me getting all the necessary fittings and figuring out which ones i need lol

or if you can't get a kit... can someone tell me what fittings/sizes etc are needed to fit the aeromotive fpr (removing fpd & j-tube)

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
you can buy the kit from suprastore,but i think your better off buying things seperate.the line off the rail to the regulator is real short.the fitting that hooks to the metal line near the chassis is the wrong size, it comes with 3/8 compression union.return line is 5/16,so you have to make something up there any ways.
ear-991945erl -6 to 12x1.25 fitting for rail to convert to an-6
sum-220647 -6 to 1/4 npt i got a 5/16 flare nut,installed it on the metal return line near the chassis.then i got a fitting that converted that to 1/4npt female(probably find at autoparts store)
sum-220690 -6 straight swivel-style hose ends
sum-220687 -6 90deg swivel hose end
sum-230606 -6 6ft section of braided hose
this is just a list of some of the stuff i used.i did do alot more than just the regulator.i ended up installing it near the brake booster (lhd).summit's site is pretty slick if you haven't been there yet.you can go there and punch in the part #'s i gave you and see what they are(pics).for me stuff from them is here in three days and always in stock.i spent over $300 on an fitting's,braided hose,aluminum line doing my fuel system.if you need some pic's just shoot me your e-mail addy and i can send you a few.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome!!!! thanks alot

i'll have a look see... ;)

this is the kit i was trying to get but without the regulator of course hehe

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
that kit looks like it is put together better than the suprastore one.from the pic,i'm not sure if it has everything though.
see how short the one line is.it doesn't give you alot of options where to put the regulator.i did my regulator a long time ago.in this pic you can see where i had to put it because of the short line.its under the strut bar.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think most usually bolt them to the strut tower, hence the short line... that's where i was intending on putting mine
i mite email the guy and see if he'll do em separate.. that would be cool if he did
aww you got a manifold like mine ;)

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
the intake mani?thats a 1j in there,but i did by the 7m afpr kit.since the pic,i have put a billet rail with center return.i also moved the fpr back closer to the brake booster,where it isn't so cramped

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol yes i'm not nuts ;)

i don't think mine will be too cramped :)

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
looking good.you have the abs and charcoal canister,so your pretty much stuck putting it there anyways.i knew you had a rhd,but wasn't sure about the abs.good luck with it

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think it looks pretty good there anywayz :)
i'll post up and let ya'll know how i get on bout buying the kit

thanks for the info and nice pic tsuper92 :)

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,950 Posts
I had mine custom made at an aeroquip dealer at my specification for length. Whatever inlet outlet you get just get that type of fitting. Say you got the -6 inlet outlet get -6 male flared ends, and get braided fuel line made to the lengths you need with female -6 connectors' thats all there is to it. For the rail I took the stock fpr, and had it cut and then had a -6 end welded to it by the same aeroquip dealer. Any fittings dealer can do it if they sell fittings and hoses!
In the bottom pictures you may partially see the red regulator a little mounted on the stock shock tower, and hose going to fuel rail. On the table you see my custom made dual end fed fuel rail with the return in the middle.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/571789/15

1 - 10 of 10 Posts