Supra Forums banner

Aerocatch hood pin install

18K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  boost700 
#1 ·
Well I have been procrastinating my Aerocatch hood pin install since last summer but today was a boring day with the crappy weather so decided to give it a shot with the help of my girl. The worst case would have been a ruined modellista c/f hood but what the hell!

Everything went very well and I love them over the key chain hood pin look, took some pictures during the install.

*Note I had positioned the hood pins in the exact way I wanted the aerocatch to fit the hood and the aerocatch pins cut out coverd the section where the three screw holes were of the previous pins so everything worked out perfect.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Eric, can't wait to see your car..bring it out with the Advans out back this weekend.

#6 ·
The dremel bit that I used (Tungsten Carbide Cutter 9903) cut the c/f like butter, no splitting of the weave or even any cracking of the clear coat, I was really impressed with the bit. I cut it free hand and it was so fast and easy.

#5 ·
Nice job man. I am very glad you did a write up as I have been debating these. I have a Seibon CF TS hood and sometimes worry about it lifting. The Aerocatch Pins are next on my list of mods.

Steve K.

#10 ·
I am dying to see the car outside the garage, I love them. Funny I just spoke to you last week about them.

#11 ·
Nice work, Mani. I have yet to install mine. The Do-Luck Type II hood has the exact same latching as the OEM hood, which is excellent, but the peace of mind is worth it, especially if Hennessey ever holds his Texas Hold 'Em event.

Ken.

#15 ·
For high speed I would bolt my hood down like Jamie Carter's Supra which seemed to have 10 hood pins :)

#12 ·
Nicely done. They look a thousand times better than the old hood pins. Way to turn bad weather into productive time.

#16 ·
Thanks dude. My old ones were Sparco and the footprint of the aerocatch hood pins will cover the mounting holes for the Sparco's. The only problem I see for you is that you might have to face the fat end of the aerocatch pins towards the front of the hood since your current pins may be too close to the front bumper, here's a picture

#18 ·
^^I like the postion you used..btw you didnt get those flush allen head bolts with the aerocatch pins.

#19 ·
That looks much better than the standard hood pins.

#23 ·
that looks good , i too have been debating getting some pins and i liked the look of these but didn't know what they were called?

so now i might have to get some!
i watch the hood flex up and down the whole time i drive, and it buggs mee that it might decide to flop up and become a million pieces!

#27 ·
This is the plus flush (non Locking) imagine the key hole the same though as the lock flush though

This is the lock flush

Notice the flanged surface is level with the locking mechanism surface on the plus flush and not with the lock flush

#30 ·
If you look at the pictures of the locking ones, it does sit flush. the picture you posted must have been an older model. I thought that same thing until I saw them in person.

one of aerocatch's dealers is:

http://www.eastcoastdrift.com/

which is home to Enjuku Racing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.