Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got an Aeromotive AFPR but it didn't come with any instructions. Could someone scan them or tell me everything they telll you in the instructions?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are on there web siete if you g there i think that could be usefull to you any more ??? i coulds scan them if you really need them

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Since the product is so universal, there isn't a whole lot of instruction they can give you. Basically you take a fitting from the front of your fuel rail and run the line to one of the side ports of the AFPR. Then from there run another line from the bottom port of the AFPR and on down to the fuel return back to the tank.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, you're right about most of that but I don't know how to actually adjust the unit and I don't know what this front that's teflon pasted in is. I checked aeromotive's website and I didn't see any instructions, so if you could scan yours it would be much appreciated.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually got the SS one from suprasport.com. As I said before, I know how to install it but I'm not sure how to actually adjust the fuel pressure and I'm not sure what one of the ports is.

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
584 Posts
Cz213 said:
I actually got the SS one from suprasport.com. As I said before, I know how to install it but I'm not sure how to actually adjust the fuel pressure and I'm not sure what one of the ports is.
I also got the Suprasport.com wich is also Aeromotive, no instructionns either. By the way the extra port should be either for the Fuel press gauge or an extra one (nitrous, etc)

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Ok... I just did this on my car...

Once you have it installed and not leaking anywhere, it's time to set the fuel pressure. Hook up your fuel pressure gauge to the side port by using the appropriate standard sized allen wrench to remove that circular plug. Once that is out, just screw the gauge in with a little teflon paste on the threads. Now you can set your fuel pressure.

Next, start the car and remove the vacuum hose on the AFPR and plug the hose with your finger. Read the fuel pressure gauge once your car has reached warm idle. At idle with the vauum hose off the fuel pressure should be between 33-40psi. If it isn't... then you adjust the fuel pressure with the allen head screw on top. Again, use the appropriate standard sized allen wrench. Clockwise rasies fuel pressure, counter clockwise lowers it. I aimed for 36.5psi which is right in the middle of that range. Now put the vacuum line back on the AFPR and the fuel pressure should drop down to between 23-30psi. Tighten the nut on top down and your finished. Good luck!

·
Boost Creep.
432 Posts
Here's a quick tip... You can do this to get your pressure close enough before starting. After installing the fpr, put a jumper (paperclip, or anything else electrically conductive) between the fp and +b contacts on the diagnostic connector. This will trigger the fuel pump, so you can set the pressure without worry of being way too high or way too low.

-Brendan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts