Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this pump. Rated to 1000hp. Was wondering how loud it is. Considering getting one but don't want a pump that's louder than my exhaust. Have heard some really loud external pumps at the track.

·
Run me on Nuts...
38 Posts
Aeromotive Pumps are fucking LOUD!!!!!

Also, they take -10AN Lines In and Out so you would hafta get Adaptors or Actually use -10AN Line, which is oversized for almost all Horsepower Applications.

-8AN Feed Line and a -6AN Return Line is Ideal for most Applications.

Get yourself a Walbro Pump, or Even 2 if your gearing up for Single.

Run the Walbros In-Line with a Modified Sump and you'll have all the Fuel you want. Alternatively, just run another Supra Pump, In-Tank.

Getting back to the Aeromotive, You would want to run it In-Tank, but its so large, you would have a hard time doing so.

That is all,
Suprdave

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Walbros it is then. I am putting together a fuel sys to go single. It'll be dual pumps in the tank. I'm just leary of one going bad and not knowing leaving me with not enough fuel. They are pretty cheap though so maybe I'll just replace them every 5 or 6 years to be on the safe side.

·
8 Second 6spd
1,249 Posts
aeromotive pumps are fucking quiet. i have the straight through design

can't beat the bang for the buck. summit racing part # AEI-11101
the only time i hear the pump is at startup and shut down. they are quiet compared to most other external electric. and they are made for street use.

·
I smell C-16 ;D
639 Posts
I have an aeromotive pump and it is pretty loud. However, you really don't notice it after startup. Also, flow is incredible when used with the -12an inlet and -10an outlet. they must be used EXTERNALLY though you cannot put it in the tank as suprdave said (even if it would fit). Drew

·
Registered
575 Posts
Simba said:
FWIW, the Denso Supra TT pumps flow more than the walbro 255's, especially at lower voltages.
I've seen a few local Supras who were running lean at 2 bar with dual stock pumps. In each case, switching to dual Walbros fixed the problem. The Denso may flow more than the Walbros at lower pressures but the Walbros flow more at 5 bar fuel pressure.

BTW, I've seen a couple of flow tests that show very different results compared to each other. Wasn't sure which to believe but the empirical results on these cars convinced me.

Mike

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
besides two walbros suck about the same amount of amps as one stock pump. That right there is a dead give away for me.. I have enough crap running in the car and don't need to load her up more than she currently is.

sid

·
Boost Junkie
12,385 Posts
Holy Crap this thread is old!

Hehe,

Steve K.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I went with two walbros, then bought and returned a BG King Sumo (way to big) and ended up putting in two MKIV pumps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts