Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks is there a way to remove or fix the wind deflectors on the aerotop the bits that come up when the roof comes off ive heard that there ment to go down at 60mph but mine dont so is there a way to fix them or remove them as they make some noise cheers

·
I-Am The Difference
795 Posts
the wind resistance pushes them down at about 65 :) just beware if you take them off your gonna have that heliocopter sound from the wind, which those pieces were designed to quiet.

·
Mr. Brightside
737 Posts
I just took the clips out of mine and have never had a problem. They just stay down all the time.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
steve0 said:
when i hold them down they make hardly any noise but where would i get new ones from
curt aigner or jeff watson

both forum sponcers both work at toyotal dealers and give us all great discounts .

elmhurst toyota

champion toyota

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
If you leave them there but tie them down do you still get the helicopter noise? I removed mine and with windows up I sound like a news chopper.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
they are there for two reasons..one is becasue of noise...and the second is to direct air over the openeing in the roof ...if u dont have them u can feels the wiodn just coming into the cabin...the back part oif the car acts like a parachute if these things are down...therefore killing your mpg and giving you alot of unneeded drag....

they dont make that much noise and are there for good reasons...at slow speed they make a whistling noise...

also they arent supposed toi go completely down at high speeds..just slightly

just get new ones..dont remove them or tape them down or anything...

if they were useless toyota engineers wouldnt have thought of them....
if i went to look at a supra to buy and saw they they were removed or ghetto rigged to stay down i prob wouldnt buy the car..but thats just me...

Ant

·
Registered
748 Posts
Removing them is easy. Just a couple of screws. Reduces the whistling noise at low speed and much quieter at high speed. The primary function of the foil is to disrupt the air flow over the top of the car from laminar to turbulent. Laminar air flow over the top acts like an airfoil (low pressure zone) creating a vacume inside the car especially with the windows up which can suck things out the top. Hazardous! The laminar flow is not a problem with the windows down. After tiring of holding the damn things down with my hand at 70 mph, I took mine out about four years ago. No regrets!!! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts